Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often do you exercise in a week?

bfbooty
bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
I have done 6 days this week so far, I do a mix of aerobics, tae bo walking and zumba throughout the week depending on my mood i mix it up a bit I am not in a gym can not afford it so work out in my living room and often will walk into my loca town and back which is actually a good walk takes me 50 mins each way and is up and down hill

do you take a day of and do nothing or do you always try to fit some form of exercise in?

I think I am becoming a little too obsessed I've done well this week 6 days is a lot my body is saying take a day off I'm tired but my mind is saying just do a quick zumba it's not as intense and at least it's something

to workout or not?

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    week 1 Monday rest
    " Tuesday run in the am, bootcamp in the pm (total of about 90 to 120 minutes)
    " Weds. heavy lifting Warrior Dash schedule
    " Thursday P90X Yoga (90 mins) in the am and bootcamp in the pm (60 mins) and sometimes 30 minutes of running too.
    " Friday rest
    " Saturday run for about 45-60 minutes
    " Sunday rest
    Week 2 Monday heavy weight lifting Warrior Dash schedule
    " Tuesday run in the am and bootcamp in the pm
    " Weds. rest
    " Thurs P90X yoga, run, bootcamp
    " Friday rest
    " Saturday run
    " Sunday run

Then repeat week 1 followed by week 2. I have this set up this way because I work 4 12 hour midnight shifts every other weekend (the weekend of the 2nd week) and this is the best schedule that I can hang with coming off those midnights.
  • farahsaleem
    farahsaleem Posts: 47 Member
    i also do 6 days a week and try to take a day off, even when my mind is telling me to do a quick walk for half the time that i normally do.. but you should take one day off and let your body recover.. if its already telling you that its tired then you wont be able to carry on your exercise for long...
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    I aim for six days. Sunday is my rest day.

Sometimes, life gets in the way and exercise has to take a back seat, but this is rare and usually even if I can't find time to get changed and go out, I'll make myself do 100 crunches.

My rest day really is a rest day. I don't do anything just for the sake of moving, and I'll aim to do nothing more than a gentle shopping trip or attraction visit. I usually see my biggest loss after my rest.
  • SUSIE091
    SUSIE091 Posts: 42 Member
    Hi i aim for six days and have sat as rest day do mixture of cardio , strength training , weights, swimming ,and PT

i try to work out twice a day hubby and kids allowing
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    3 days strength training; 3 days C25K
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    technically i do something every day. i find the idea of having to take a rest day is a bit strange because it assumes that humans are meant to be sedentary and somehow exercising for an hour a day 7 days a week is over doing it.

in any case, i strength train 3 days a week, do some sort of 6 days and week and my "off" day is usually something like playing in the pool or walking 4-6 miles when i do errands.
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Strength 3 x week, C25K 3 x week. Although I have been known to skip the last strength training session because it's just not my favourite thing. However, I have been really good this week. I deliberately schedule my last strength training session on a Friday because if I flake out, I can go on Saturday after work.

I do a bit of moderate/brisk walking of my dogs. Roughly adds up to 5 hours per week of walking.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    I try and do 5-6 days, normally after I've finished work, then the weekend (Although this week I've failed miserably!) - I walk to work every day, then come home, housework and 30 Day Shred, although I've re-started it, so technically now, I'm on day 18 of level 1, hopefully move on to level 2 during the week - also got the Kinect with Fitness Evolved , so if I want a change, then I can do that or Zumba on the Kinect
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    I aim for 5 days a week, minimum. Usually I just end up working out all 7 days though, but I would alternate between high/low intensity workouts in that case..
  • Isidora87
    Isidora87 Posts: 41
    At least 3, sometimes 4 times a week, all of them are cardio workouts, I don't do strength training, although I should :/
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    There is usually at least one day, where I can't do anything and one or two days that my workout is lighter than usual, so that leaves 4 or 5 days of good workouts.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Six days a week, Friday as my rest day.

My training schedule:
    Sunday - long run (add a mile each week, though this is my taper week, so I'll only be doing 10.5 today)
    Monday - strength
    Tuesday - mid length run, typically just under half the length of my long run
    Wednesday - alternating weeks of fartleks and hill training
    Thursday - strength and three mile run
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - 45-60min of non-running cardio (mostly always the ARC trainer)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Six days a week (I seem to be detecting a theme :smile: )

Monday either an AM swim or row, evening is my Tri class

Tues - run

Wed - am swim or rowing, evening weights

Thurs - run

Fri - rest

Sat - Tri swim class, easy run, weights

Sun - Long Slow Distance run (when you see runners referring to LSD it's not the drug...) training for half marathon in May
  • saligator
    saligator Posts: 96 Member
    wow u guys are making me feell guilty!!1 keep up the good work!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    i find the idea of having to take a rest day is a bit strange because it assumes that humans are meant to be sedentary and somehow exercising for an hour a day 7 days a week is over doing it.

Sabbath (from the Hebrew שַׁבָּת šabbāt, meaning sabbath, day of rest, which in its turn derives from the Hebrew verb שָׁבַת šāvat, meaning to cease, to rest, to desist from labor)

:flowerforyou:
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 160 Member
    I'm usually 6 days a week also. Sometimes I work out twice a day. Longest day total would be 90 min. Rest days are usually Sundays unless it's a beautiful day and I decide to go on a short walk

Monday's. C25k Swim
    Tuesday's. Swim. Bike
    Wednesday. C25k. Swim
    Thursday. Swim
    Friday. C25k
    Saturday. Swim. Bike
    Sunday. Rest

I know I need to fit some weights in...just trying to figure out where...
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Four days of lifting, one day of HIIT.
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    6days of weights and Cardio then Sun just Cardio!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    6-7 days weekly. I did take yesterday off. It felt good. Back at it today.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    I work out every day. I'm having a hard time taking a rest day... I'm going to TRY to today. My body needs it, but for some reason i have the hardest time :/