Have you ONLY lost ONE pound?

Options
2»

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Oh man i was just getting ready to eat too.....
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the reminder!! Its awesome to think Ive lost 65 of those bad boys lol. :) xx
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have that picture saved to my computer. I look at it whenever I feel discouraged.

Great idea! (I do a lot of mindless eating in front of my computer....)
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3.5 so far, but even seeing a .5 drop makes me SUPER happy. Probably because I've tried losing weight MY way, and it didn't work out so well.
  • sarah_529406
    Options
    oh wow...thanks for posting this... i have been getting irritated b/c ive wanted to lose more than 1 pound for the last few weeks and every week its always 1 pound and not 2 that ive lost... but now i can see it does make a difference
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It's always great to have this in your mind when you think about "only lost"... also, think about the opposite direction. When we gain weight we don't say "I ONLY gained 1 pound" (unless of course we REALLY over did the week)... we say "OMG, I GAINED a freakin' pound!"...

So, 1 pound is 1 pound and it is a great accomplishment! Know it. Feel it. And be more supportive of yourself.
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks Great Post! Love the poem also.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting that :)
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great Post, I lost a pound this week!!:laugh:
  • Reddak98
    Reddak98 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That puts it in a new perspective. Thanks!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I like having scales that measure decimal points of pounds. Any decrease is welcome, no matter how small
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Bump...pic for inspiration
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hi, I read this recently and thought how appropriate for your thread, makes you think next time we say 'only lost a pound' . .. . . .

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?
    If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,
    And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
    Want to know why?
    It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
    I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!
    Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
    So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
    Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.
    That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.
    Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.
    So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
    For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.
    And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
    Happy Days!!!
    After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!
    - Author Unknown

OMG I adore that poem!!! Where did you find it?
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add another thing to this - another reminder how much you've lost.

It's something I've done regularly. Saved 2L bottles and filled them with water.

Each full 2L bottle weighs approximately 4.4lbs. Fill as many as you need to get to your lost weight, and put them in a plastic bag (or multiple plastic bags), then have a walk around with them. I've currently lost around 4.5 two litre bottles.

If you'd rather not stand in the supermarket piling the butter into your arms, try out the water thing in the comfort of your own home. See how long you can comfortably walk around with those two litre bottles in plastic bags - then, remember you used to do that every single second of every single day.

cheap-water-bottles.jpg
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Love that..all three of them so thanks for posting. I've really struggled for motivation since Christmas and can't get myself into exercise so hopefully this will do the trick...definitely like the water idea...having lost almost 40lb that's a hell of a lot of bottles...
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add another thing to this - another reminder how much you've lost.

It's something I've done regularly. Saved 2L bottles and filled them with water.

Each full 2L bottle weighs approximately 4.4lbs. Fill as many as you need to get to your lost weight, and put them in a plastic bag (or multiple plastic bags), then have a walk around with them. I've currently lost around 4.5 two litre bottles.

If you'd rather not stand in the supermarket piling the butter into your arms, try out the water thing in the comfort of your own home. See how long you can comfortably walk around with those two litre bottles in plastic bags - then, remember you used to do that every single second of every single day.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing earlier! I was walking back from the supermarket with a 8 pints of milk thinking how heavy it was and then realised I used to carry not far off 3 times as much weight as that around me with constantly (if my maths is right!). Good motivation but slightly scary. :)