What do you blend with your protein?

Options
zsaoosh
zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
I just got a new cup blender and made a NASTY protein shake. Ideas with nutrition would be great :happy:

Replies

• rachleb
    rachleb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein shake consists of a scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1-2 TBS of PB2 (powdered peanut butter), almond milk (either chocolate or vanilla), and a banana. Sometimes I also add ice. I don't know if you could make it in a cup blender (maybe if you only put 1/2 banana!) but it is delicious!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    water...

But frozen fruit works also... Ive done it with Chocolate and it tastes great!!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i get chocolate protein powder and add it to my coffee. i LOVE it!
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use a blender and use 1 cup frozen strawberries and half banana with scoop vanilla whey isolate and water. Sometimes I add 1T cocoa powder.
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I usually add frozen fruit to my protein powder usually strawberries and bananas or blueberries with water and ice, Ive done 1 tbsp of peanut butter and a banana ....very yummy :)
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein shake consists of a scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1-2 TBS of PB2 (powdered peanut butter), almond milk (either chocolate or vanilla), and a banana. Sometimes I also add ice. I don't know if you could make it in a cup blender (maybe if you only put 1/2 banana!) but it is delicious!

I just dropped my cereal spoon reading this recipe. Must be delicious. Definately a must try!
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Naked green machine drink and mixing it with protein powder. I am getting some veggies and the protein. Works for me so far, I have only been doing it for two days, so not sure the benefits if any yet. It equals a little under 300 calories.
  • schlange11b
    schlange11b Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lo-fat peanut butter, skim milk, fat free yogurt, and chocolate whey protein. Low in fats (all healthy), medium carbs, and high protein, perfect for a recovery drink. Plus, it's delicious! Try adding a banana if you so choose, but I prefer the Reeses taste myself. :D
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    A breakfast staple for me - 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or 1 cup milk, 1 cup water), 1 frozen banana, 2/3 cup frozen blueberries, 1 scoop protein powder (Jay Robb Tropical Dreamsicle). Delicious!!
  • iloveflipflops1
    iloveflipflops1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    what kind of protein powder is good?
  • schlange11b
    schlange11b Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Flipflop, it depends on what you're using it for.

http://www.nutribodyprotein.com/protein-types.php

Some of these are not available in powder form, e.g. fish, but as for the others, info is there. :)
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    12 oz 1% milk, 1 scoop vanilla Whey protien, one medium banana, 1/2 cup blueberries. Wonderful breakfast after working out!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I make a protein smoothie from a scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup plain 2% greek yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup of ice water (you can do 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water instead), 1 banana, and 2 sugar packets. It's tasty. You can also add 1/4-1/2 cup of peanut butter as well if you like.
  • wolftrax
    wolftrax Posts: 50
    Options
    I use a blender and use 1 cup frozen strawberries and half banana with scoop vanilla whey isolate and water. Sometimes I add 1T cocoa powder.

What she said, except I don't add the cocoa...also half cup of blueberries or the strawberries...Mine is around 180 cals..
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    250ml milk, 1 scoop strawberry protein powder and 100g frozen summer fruit. YUM!!!!
  • wonderlady71
    wonderlady71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana is key - it seems to mask the chalkiness of the powder.
  • dawnhite7778
    Options
    I make mine into a smoothie ...ice, yogurt, and strawberries and banana is my favorite. :)
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    The taste of the protein ha a lot to do with it. If you find one you like, I love syntha6 , it really helps. I usually blend a banana and packet of oatmeal in
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I usually do what a lot of people are already saying... I do 1-2 scoops GNC Lean 25 chocolate (100 calories per scoop) with Light Vanilla Silk Soy milk (70 calories for 8 oz) and if I have it on hand I add banana or 1 tbsp pb.

However what has been recommended to me a lot lately and what I want to try is that you can add 1-2 tbsp of sugar free instant pudding mix for low cal flavor. So like vanilla protein powder and sugar free cheesecake pudding mix, maybe some frozen raspberries? Easy and healthy raspberry cheesecake smoothie!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I use cold coffee, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, a scoop of EAS vanilla soy protein powder and a dash of cinnamon with ice. I am allergic to artificial sweeteners so I just have to make sure I maintain accountability with the sugars.

Ingredients Calories Protein Fat Carbs

Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 0.75 cup (8 fl oz) 2 0 0 0
    Eas - Soy Protein Powder Vanilla, 1 Scoop (42g) 170 20 2 19
    Hersheys - Chocolate Syrup, 1 tbsp (39g) 50 0 0 12
    Smucker's - Sundae Syrup Caramel, 1 Tbsp or 40 grams 50 1 0 13
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 272 21 2 44
    Per Serving: 272 21 2 44

It's a little less if I use the unflavored GNC 100% Whey protein powder

Ingredients Calories Protein Fat Carbs
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 1 cup (8 fl oz) 2 0 0 0
    Gnc-Pro Performance - 100% Whey Protein-Unflavored, 1 Scoop (28 grams) 110 21 2 2
    Smucker's - Sundae Syrup Caramel, 1 Tbsp or 40 grams 50 1 0 13
    Hersheys - Chocolate Syrup, 1 tbsp (39g) 50 1 0 12
    Mccormick's - Pure Vanilla Extract, 0.5 tsp 6 0 0 1

Total: 218 23 2 28
    Per Serving: 218 23 2 28