To early to workout????

Options
I am thinking of getting a membership at 24hr fitness. I have one at the Y but childcare is limited during the day. I can not go in the evening. Would 3:45am or 4am be to early to weight lift? I think this would be an ideal time for me. Is there such a thing as to early?

Replies

• GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    No get it in when you can. Last time I was in Iraq I would go to the gym at 230 am if I wasn't on mission.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Nope just make sure you have a well rounded routine where you are getting the rest (sleep) your body needs to recoup.... I workout early mornings, late afternoons. late evenings, etc.... Whenever I can work it in.... Good luck.......
  • miya727
    miya727 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If that is the best time for you i dont see why not as long as you are getting your full 8 hours of sleep
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Briefly in my life I woke up early to work out and all it resulted in was sleep deprivation so I do it at night now on weekdays. Everyone is different though, try it and see.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    nope! if you are awake and are a morning person and can do it, go for it!! That's why they have 24 gyms :)
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Never, it s what your body clock can handle....
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a time limit when to workout, but be sure to be fully rested when you do. Everything will be fine if you get proper rest. Take enough sleep so you can compensate for the busy schedule. Good luck! :)
  • IronSheff
    IronSheff Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I workout at 3AM in the morning on the weekdays because the Anytime Fitness I'm a member at is way too crowded when I get home from work at 6PM. If I wait til the crowd thins out around 7:30 then I'm not going to get home til 9 or later and I know I won't wind down from the workout until an hour or two after that. It's taken some getting used to, but I'm usually the only one there til around 5AM and it's actually quite nice to have the gym all to yourself. If I don't work overtime Friday or Saturday, then I'll go in a little later. When it comes to sleep, I'd love to average 8 hrs, but that simply doesn't happen for me and I wind up getting around 6 to 7, but I make myself go to be as early as my other responsibilities will allow.

Waking up that early, I do cardio days on an empty stomach because I would get cramps by eating and then hopping on the treadmill for an hour. However, I'll have a banana to go with my pre-workout supplements if it's a lifting day because it makes me feel like I have a bit more energy. You might find that having some sort of protein before you go to bed will give you the energy you need the next morning to push through your routine.

Go for the membership, I think you'll find that working out early will give you a great morning rush and get your body revved up for the day. Try to get your rest, keep your body hydrated, and STAY AWAKE while pumping that iron!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Err, doesn't your Y have child care ? =/

If you are getting proper sleep, time of day doesn't really matter.