Put away those bathroom scales! -challenge

Options
Well, I've been obsessing lately about that number on the scale. One week? No shift. Next week? Weight gained. The following week? No shift. This week? No shift.

So, you know what? I'm prepared to put the scales away for April, spring clean my mind, tidy away that anxiousness that's associated with the bathroom scales.

I am not a number. You are not a number.
I am a person, an individual that's special in my own way, and so are you.

My goal is to feel healthier, and slim down, tone up. How about you?

SO, are you up for the challenge to put those scales away for April?
Be aware of your weight now, and come back to them on the first day of May, see if you really do care about that number.

Who's with me?
I may create a group if enough of you are interested. But in the meantime, feel free to add me as a friend, and we can encourage and support each other.

Replies

• MaudeBeige
    MaudeBeige Posts: 282
    Options
    Oh Boy...

Sorry hon, I'd be lying if I said I'd do without my scales for a MONTH!

x
  • Lplou
    Lplou Posts: 15
    Options
    :happy: I weigh myself once a month. I'm in x
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I havent been weighing myself for awhile, I was so sick of the scales ruining my day and making me cry, but maybe having that goal of a bit of a loss after a month will be good :) I'm in! I'll just have to work really hard to stay on track without any accountability except the mirror
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    im thinking about it, I think it'd be so good for me but I know Id really struggle!
  • aboadle
    aboadle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You know what? I'm in !

Which is crazy for me - I've been weighing myself daily!

Can't imagine not going a month but I'm here to stretch myself :) WIll be harder than not going over calorie limit I reckon!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been obsessing lately about that number on the scale. One week? No shift. Next week? Weight gained. The following week? No shift. This week? No shift.

So, you know what? I'm prepared to put the scales away for April, spring clean my mind, tidy away that anxiousness that's associated with the bathroom scales.

I am not a number. You are not a number.
    I am a person, an individual that's special in my own way, and so are you.

My goal is to feel healthier, and slim down, tone up. How about you?

SO, are you up for the challenge to put those scales away for April?
    Be aware of your weight now, and come back to them on the first day of May, see if you really do care about that number.

Who's with me?
    I may create a group if enough of you are interested. But in the meantime, feel free to add me as a friend, and we can encourage and support each other.
    I do this quite often!
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    Great idea! We tend to give the scale too much power. I'm here to look and feel great, not to obsess over a number. Thanks for the idea!
  • pankybinky
    Options
    I'm in!!!..The batteries on my digital scale are gone so I won't buy any new ones until May. Good luck everyone!!!!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm tempted, but will need to sleep on it lol, I got to my goal this week so really should get rid of them, as I want to concentrate on fitness and body fat now, but ITS SCARY!!!!!
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Well done you I would love to be able to put away the scales but I have to admit I am a slave to them. I weight every morning before I shower but I can accept the daily weight shift so I don't drive myself to mad!!!
  • amurph25
    amurph25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I broke my scale about 2ish weeks ago and haven't bought a new one since! I love not stressing over the number I see! If I have a bad day, I don't need the scale to remind me of that. I've been more focused on how I FEEL not how the scale tells me I feel. LOVE IT!! :)
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    OK, count me in! My gut is telling me that this is the right thing to do. I'm scared crazy by it, but it will really force me to do what I know I need to w/o the highs and lows of going up and down.

I hope you will create a group as it makes things much easier to follow. Here's to NO SCALES!

*I will need support on this one, please add me as a friend and I will do the same. :) *
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Count me in. It will be hard, but I think I will be real happy in one month. :)

Heck, If I'm tracking my food/exercise and meeting those goals, I have nothing to worry about.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about doing it, this will validate me in my thought that I give way too much power to that thing! I am SO IN!
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    385659_421940724486195_268038566543079_1773725_1446146146_n.jpg
  • anmarr55
    anmarr55 Posts: 8
    Options
    Not sure if I can do this right know. i will start with not weighing my self every day- that's a doable goal.
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    Im in too!!!! I used to weigh everyday. Now once a week. I have started bootcamp and have been going for 2 weeks now. My clothes are fitting better, but the scale is not moving. It is driving me crazy. I WILL NOT WEIGH AGAIN TILL MAY1. We can do it!!!
  • LittleLolita
    Options
    As a daily weigher, I need a break from my scale. I've already had my husband hide the scale from me just in case I break down!
  • ginabgdc
    ginabgdc Posts: 46
    Options
    Count me in..need modivation. Anyone who wants to add me I'd be greatful. Tks
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    when i started i could do it once a month but now i am intrigued by how much it moves each day. Lol!