How often do you exercise in a week?

Options

Replies

• gmpearson
    gmpearson Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    6 days a week (surprise), with Monday as rest.

I run about 25 miles a week (I am primarily a runner), and hit the gym about 3x per week where I do a combo lifting/circuit training routine. I usually throw in some basketball and running intervals as well.

Greg
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I run 3 days and do kettlebells 3 days, and lately I have been adding a long walk pushing a stroller on the off day and sometimes the kettlebell days...
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    so far i run every other day, add some dance workout inbetween 2-3times a week, still gotta make myself do strength though...
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    6 days a weekola~!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym 5 days a week and do two hour long walks (most of them are at a 4-4.5 mph pace) on the weekends. My typical week is:

M - 30 min. Run/Chest & legs /60 min. walk pm
    T - 30 min Elliptical or Cybex/weights/60 min walk p.m
    W - 30 min run/Back&abs/60 min. walk p.m.
    Th- 30 min. Elliptical or Cybex/Bi's & Legs/60 min walk pm
    F- 30 min. run/Tri's & Abs/60 min walk pm
    Sat - two 60 min. walks
    Sun - two 60 min walks.

This week the cardio is getting upped and I plan to add one more session in the evening, either a jog or a bike ride.

On the days I can't get to the gym I'll just do two hour long walks like on the weekends.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    workout hard for 6..7th day i get in a light workout burning maybe 200 cals or so.
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    I get SOME kind of exercise everyday. Whether it is just walking or yoga on rest days, running 3 days a week or weight lifting the other 3, I make sure to do something.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week (strength training/cardio) and "rest" on Sundays... Although I tend to go for walks with the family or play basketball with them on Sundays, so its not completely "resting". My main focus on Sunday is planning for the next weeks workouts, sleep, and relaxing, and making WISE food choices since I don't haven't exercise cals to eat back.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Monday- Cardio Circuit (60)
    Zumba (60)

Tuesday- Run (45-60)

Wednesday- Boot camp (60)

Thursday- Pt (30)
    Kick and core (60)
    Zumba (60)

Friday- off

Saturday- Zumba (60)
    Zumba 2 (60)
    Boot Camp (60)
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I workout about 7 days a week. Although Sunday is my yoga day and I consider it to be my "rest" day because it makes me feel so good!
  • DonitaJune
    Options
    I do 45 minutes on the treadmill every day along with 15-20 minutes of strength training.
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I workout 5/week about an hour each day. I go to gym & do ciruit training/ strenght training twice a week & C to5 rest 3 days. Weekends are busy with cooking, taking kids to activities & cleaning.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Options
    I am doing C25k which is 3 days a week and then I do some type of other strength work out another 3 days a week.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I go to the Y 3-4 days a week depending. Usually Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. The other days are usually long hours of walking at different speeds, lifting dumbbells at home, and some aerobics. My off day is always Thursday because that's my weigh day in the week so I don't do anything before I weigh and often times I don't do anything after unless I have errands to run then use that as an excuse for a little bit of walking, but generally that's my day to work on other things or nap. Sometimes I'll have more than one off day, especially if I hurt something working out (like right now my thighs and back are still smarting from two days ago and I seem to have done something to an index finger so I can't lift weights) and need the extra recovery.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    Currently, I'm working out at least once per day. Usually 1-2 days of speed work, 1 long run day, 3-4 days of easy pace, and one day of recovery pace. I guess the recovery pace day is like a day off.
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    :happy: I exercise 4-5 times a week. I take spin class 3 times a week and weight train and machines at the gym as well. I take two days to do my regular life. LOL
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    4 to 5 days in a week.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I work out every day. 2-3 days of weight lifting and the rest cardio.
  • Danardeener
    Danardeener Posts: 255
    Options
    About 4-5 days a week...strength training and cardio.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I do cardio everyday for 40 mins, strength training 3 times a week.