How often do you exercise in a week?

Options
124»

Replies

• babersbh
    babersbh Posts: 32
    Options
    I work out 3 days a week, sometimes 4. I tried every day when I first started but found I was tired, grumpy and all round not a happy camper....everyone is different, so do what works for you.

If you are exhausted with the routine you have, you are probably overdoing it. Exercise is supposed to make you feel better, not worse...good luck!
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week and then do a recovery day which consists of either an hour stretch session from P90X or a half hour with a foam roller.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    We need rest days...and I admit I hate taking them too...honestly I think today was supposed to be my day off and I jut automatically planned on going to the gym...hmmmmm...my problem is I associate rest day with cheat day..and that isn't the case!!

There are worse things to be addicted to!! Lol!! Sounds like u have a great variety, and fitting "something" in on a rest day isn't a problem...maybe just a nice long walk!!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken a true rest day for 3wks, I am hurting today so tomorrow. I on wk 7 of insanity so I usually walk or do elliptical on the rest day. BUT my body is screaming at me so I am forcing myself to break. Going to do nothing!
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    wow thanks for all the replies everyone

seems like most take at least 1 day a week to rest, i've had a very lazy day today done hardly anything just some light cleaning laundry and dinner i actually managed to go back to bed for a couple of hours before my husband left for work was totally exhausted not from working out but lack of sleep, feel so much better for having a bit of sleep and resting though - although I feel so guilty lol

I might do a bit of zumba when kids go to bed :-) just something light iykwim

since I started on my weight loss and get fit journey it's all I am thinking about but I am afraid if I start to relax with it all I will lose motivation which I can not afford to do with another 85lb still to lose lol
  • trmecham
    trmecham Posts: 53
    Options
    I aim for 6, but some weeks I can't seem to fit a rest day in and so I'll do 7.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    6 days mixed, Half training and 4 day splits

Mon - run, elliptical, chest and bi's
    Tues - run, elliptical
    Wed - run, elliptical, legs
    Thurs - elliptical, shoulders and tri's
    Fri - run, elliptical
    Sat - long run, back and calves
    Sun - off / cheat day / do whatever / feel guilty about not going / eat / lose the most weight.