P90X, day 1 with pic (spoiler: I didn't die)

Options
I'm pretty good about running, but as I posted on my wall today, I decided to give P90X a whirl since it was cold, grey, windy, rainy, and dreary in Seattle, and I have the legs of a runner and the arms of a computer programmer.

The room I selected for my workout had a 7 foot long piece of 4x4 fencepost leaning against the wall. I was hanging in there pretty good, but at about the 40 minute mark while getting up from some pushups I managed to knock it over and caught it right on the forehead.

I didn't finish the workout.

It bled a good bit but is kind of funny in retrospect. Just a reminder though to be careful. Got a bit of a headache but I think my wife feels worse than I do.

Tomorrow I'm going for a run. Even if it rains.

p90xday1.JPG

Replies

• Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ouch! P90x can be pretty tough but you're taking it to a new level. I think a run sounds good for you tomorrow :)
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Ouch! Ya the run may be a good idea or maybe clear all sharp objects from ur workout area! :P
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware that P90X was a contact sport! Have a nice run tomorrow!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    :-(

that looks very painful!!! good job stepping outside your comfort zone though!

maybe just remove all dangers? or post " watch for falling objects?" ;-)
  • mollyquewl
    Options
    I am going to suggest you wear a helmet today while on your run and for the next round of P90x :-)
    (Love, your wife)
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ouch! P90x can be pretty tough but you're taking it to a new level. I think a run sounds good for you tomorrow :)

lol
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Owww. D: