75 lbs down Pics

Options
IronSheff
IronSheff Posts: 52 Member
Alright, so I always visit this particular forum for motivation and am happy to see the pictures of everyone's progress and how they are striving to meet their goals. As a former college basketball player, I was always in shape..until my late 20's. Taking on a graveyard shift pretty much killed my nutrition and exercise routine. Being 6'4", it's a little easier to "hide" extra weight, but I still remember being sick to my stomach when I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office in January of 2010 and saw that hiding my weight was no longer an option, I had hit 329 lbs! I had to wake up! So I started eating a little better over the next couple of years while still not getting too very serious about working out. I think I dropped about 35 lbs in that time span. So in January of this year, I told myself it's time to get back to the old me, the competitive me, and started attacking my workouts and really concentrating on giving my body proper nutrition. So as of today, I've lost 40 lbs over the past 3 months and 75 lbs total. I'm nowhere near finished as I plan on dropping another 30-35lbs to really lean out, but I'm at the point where I feel healthy again, have a ton of energy, and am constantly getting questions on how I've lost the weight. I turn 35 later this month and I plan on it being the best birthday I've had in the last 10 years because I'll be celebrating the fact that I've most likely increased my lifespan well beyond the direction it was headed.

Keep striving to meet your goals and NEVER let the bad days get you down!! :happy:

Sept 2009 - probably somewhere around 330 lbs
oldpic-2.jpg

August 2010 - 315 lbs
vacation-1.jpg

March 25th 2012 - 257 lbs (and ZERO sleep after a friend's bachelor's party)
Mirror-1.jpg

Replies

• Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    wow! thats really impressive....ive got about 20 lbs to go till i reach my goal and i have been stuck at my current weight for monthes! Any advice would be welcome!
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!! Huge inspiration! You look great!
  • crochelle17
    crochelle17 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing!
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an incredible transformation!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Great job!

Keep the momentum.
  • kate_sunflower
    kate_sunflower Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a stud! You look fantastic and what an inspiration!!!
  • sweetpickle0506
    Options
    That's awsome! You look fab. My husband had a similar transformation when he lost around 70lb. It was like having a new man. LOL!
  • azjlmar123
    azjlmar123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great job! I work the night shift too. It wreaks havoc on your body, doesnt it? Im doing p90x and will be starting a "group" for night shifters that are doing p90x so we can all get support. Feel free to friend me if you want! Congrats on your success!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Fabulous result! Well done!
  • kristikay52
    kristikay52 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Very motivating! Oh and I'm from East Texas too! :)
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Awesome; thanks for sharing
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! wtg!
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I hope you have a fabulous birthday - celebrate big, that's a great accomplishment!!
  • bopefas
    bopefas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WTG BRO!
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congratulations! You look great!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    very cool! you're the same height as me, and about the same starting weight. nice to see the progress, gives me some good perspective.
  • TracyRFogleson
    Options
    very cool so happy to see someone else making their goals. Have ways to go but you definitly inspired me to do better. Looking great
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    proud to be a fellow texan! congrats on your hard work!!!
  • amsaunders0313
    Options
    Great transformation !!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!