Any one use Chia seeds?

Options
My neighbor gave me some chia seeds today to try she loves them. I was just reading the side effects and it says that if you have low blood pressure it could be dangerous. Any one try them?

Replies

• LillyMosley
    LillyMosley Posts: 166
    Options
    Thats interesting as I have a history of low blood pressure. I have been on chia seeds with my breakfast for a month, and find them great. Big improvement in my skin and also helps keep me regular . Certainly no issue so far with my bp.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    To show what you can do with them, check this recipe out

http://ohsheglows.com/2012/01/11/healthy-chocolate-chia-pudding/

I am boring and just put them in smoothies and on my oats
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i use them in my porridge and shakes love them .not sure about side effects but i have had only good benefits .i suppose anyone with health concerns should be careful what they eat if it can affect certain conditions x
  • MarvyMarissa
    Options
    thanks for the input.:smile:
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If you use a tablespoon or two at a time you can bloat but I just use them in my oatmeal and shakes, prob 1-2 tsp at a time. I feel like after exercise it helps me retain water/hydrate until lunchtime. I like them a lot.
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like chia seeds. I put them in smoothies or with cold oat bran. Sometimes I mix them with water, lime juice, and agave and drink it. Haven't had them for awhile I may need to break some out later, thanks for the reminder!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon in my oatmeal, along with a tablespoon of cinnamon to keep my blood sugar stable until lunch; no carb dip mid morning. I also add 4 tablespoons to all my muffin recipes to boost the fiber content. I had high blood pressure, and was diagnosed with insulin resistant diabetes and high cholesterol in May. Now, 295 days later I'm off all medicine, blood pressure is good, not diabetic any more and my cholesterol is acceptable (still need to get the ldl down just a bit more). My doctor said the Omega 3 in the chia is largely responsible for the cholesterol and blood pressure. So long as you don't feel faint after eating the, I'd keep adding them to recipes.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    oh yeah! Love 'em. Never heard of any detrimental side effects, only exquisitely wonderful side effects... like health!