Want to build muscle and eat healthy...

Options
Guess thats alot to ask in the topic. I am a 51 yr old male. I have lost 30 lbs. by diet with minimal exercise. i have never been extremely overweight. I have been athletic my whole life. i just wanted to get from 281lbs to 255lbs. and I did it by eating proper portions, lower carbs, more proteins and alot of veggies and salad.

Now I would like to build up my arms, legs, chest, etc. I'm not exactly sure how to do it the right way.I have tried weight lifting from time to time, but never really saw any results.

What exercises are best for building muscle on a 51 yr old body?

How should I eat? more carbs? Weigh protein? i have no idea. i also need help with how not to be too sore the next day as I do have to go to work in the morning.

I should include that I have a BMI of almost 30!!! So how do i build up, lose fat mass and eat right???

Can anyone provide an example, a web site, a guide or a book? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Replies

• covert7
    covert7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly no expert but one place you might want to start that I've found very useful is http://scoobysworkshop.com/.

Scooby's been a body builder for a long time, still is, and just crossed the 50 year mark recently. And the info there is pretty good for just about everyone not just body builders.

Not saying it's the only place I would get my info, but I think it would certainly be a good place to start. The forums there would potentially also be a good place for you to seek info from other folks with more experience in this matter.

Good luck!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    dont know about the website advertised above but a short time ago i done some research and burnthefat.com received the best reviews, it's a one of payment of £26 but you need to buy some basic gym equipment too, and 'the new rules for lifting' book is popular in here as well (ebay is the cheapest). best of luck and let us know how you get on
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    @covert - loving the scoodyworkshop btw, now checking it out