Best time and how often to weight yourself?

Options
Just looking for some wisdom as to when is the best time to weight yourself during the day or even during the week. Is it better to do on an empty stomach? Also how often is best for doing a weigh in? I heard it's best to do it the same time of day (when u weight in) to get the most consistant results. Thoughts?

Replies

• lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I usually do it first time in the morning after I pee and before I eat or drink anything. Once a week should be good enough but honestly, I do it every day :x
  • btnyegurl
    btnyegurl Posts: 27
    Options
    I generally do it first thing every morning after a bathroom break but I'm hiding my scale for the rest of the month and focusing on more physical changes instead
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning, once a week.
    As long as you are consistent when you do it, it doesn't matter.
    keep all factors the same.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I read recently that weight fluctuates throughout the day, so it is important to weigh yourself at the same time every day, whatever time works for you. That being said, I'm like pretty much everyone else who replied. Roll out of bed, bathroom time, and step on the scales.
  • devine_tina
    devine_tina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good to see everyone is so consistant with their advice. Sounds like a good plan just don't think I want to be doing it everyday. Probably once per week. Thanks everyone glad to see so many dedicated people! :happy:
  • heatherrose86
    heatherrose86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I weight myself all of the time, but I "officially" weigh and record Monday morning when I wake up. Throughout the day is a bad idea and can get discouraging because of how your weight can fluctuate. I can weigh 5 lbs more in the afternoon than I do in the morning, and I'm certainly not eating 5 lbs of food before that time.
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I get up after my washroom routine but before I eat breakfast. I actually spoke with my weightloss doctor about this and he said literature shows that those who weigh themselves daily eat more sensibly during the day which results in weightloss.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I weight myself at 8am (post workout), sometime between 5-6pm pre-dinner and then before I go to sleep.

I know weight fluctuates thru the day, but the last two weigh ins keep me on track from a portion control standpoint. I usually only officially count the post work out weigh in (post morning pee, post morning sweat)
  • Fraggle80
    Options
    I weight probably every 3 days or so but a lot depends on how good i have been. I always weigh first thing in the morning before breakfast and getting dressed. =)
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning naked post wee :P Gives the nicest result! However I would say consistency is the key really.
  • devine_tina
    devine_tina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone sounds great now I think I just have to buy a scale...I've been weighing myself via wii fit...wondering if it's accurate?