Lunch Ideas?

Options
Tired of eating the same things. Anyone have some easy healthy lunch ideas?

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Tired of eating the same things. Anyone have some easy healthy lunch ideas?

bean salad...open can of mixed beans. pour on some of your favorite dressing. you can also add tomatoes, onions, cucumbers or any of that fun stuff. this is simple and high in protein when I know I need it. You can also skp the dressing and just do lemon juice!
  • carly_pear
    carly_pear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wheat tortilla, canned chicken (I buy mine at Costco), chopped celery, handful of grapes cut in half and a serving of light mayo(it's good without it too). Mix and put in your torilla and there is always some left over to eat with a spoon. :)
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowl, a lot like the bean salad, except you use anything you'd put into a burrito and put it in a bowl... YUM.

Tuna salad (very similar to the chicken salad above). There is a sweet chili flavored tuna packet for different flavor. I use part mayo, part greek yogurt.

40 spice hummus, crackers, various veggies and fruit. Dip veggies and crackers in hummus, eat fruit for dessert.

I eat dinner leftovers a lot. Keeps variety going, takes no extra prep.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is a lettuceless salad with a packet of sweet and spicy tuna. Yum!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    What do you normally eat for lunch? That can help so we don't repeat things that you are sick of.

My normals are:

1) Leftovers from dinner the night before (I tend to make extra for myself and future hubby for lunch the next day whenever possible).

2) Soup, chili, stews - easy to make and you can make large batches and freeze for quick meals!

3) Salads - tons of veggies, low cal dressing, and some protein (cheese, eggs, turkey, chicken etc,)

4) Sandwiches or wraps - these you can switch up so much so you don't get sick of them

5) Veggie tray - cut up a bunch of veggies and throw into a container... bring along some yummy dip
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Heres some recipe sites to get ideas from

skinnytaste.com
    skinnykitchen.com
    thegraciouspantry.com
    cleaneatingmag.com
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I buy boneless skinless chicken breast, season with whatever spices I have and pop in the oven for 25 min at 400F. I use it all week to make salads, sandwiches, wraps. I buy red pepper, lettus cherry tomatoes. Also I cook several eggs for the week. Then I just keep mixing thing all week so it does not get boring. I use different sauces too. I try to measure the serving size so I don't go over the limit, but most of the time I just eye ball. I like hot dogs so I have it once in a while with a lot of veggies on the side. Sometime I roast bunch of different vegetables like beets, asparagus, eggplant. I sprinkle them with some olive oil and before eating I put a few drops of balsamic vinegar and eat them with chicken - yum. I try to eat healthy so I try to stay away from canned foods, but I do eat beans and chickpeas. Good luck.
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just snoop on my friends diaries...
  • jeenie3
    jeenie3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try this pasta recipe. It's so easy. I make it with whole grain pasta and it's YUMMY.

Pasta with Eggplant and Tomato Caponata

•1 pound(s) of tubular pasta
    •1 pint(s) of cherry tomatoes
    •1 eggplant
    •1 tbsp. of olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop the eggplant into small pieces and spread onto a baking sheet. Add the cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 40-45 minutes until the tomatoes have popped and the eggplant is tender. Set aside to cool a bit. Meanwhile, boil your pasta according to package instructions. While your pasta boils, add the eggplant and tomato to the bowl of a food processor and puree until combined, but still chunky. Pour over boiled pasta and enjoy!
    http://www.thekindlife.com/user/recipe/pasta-with-eggplant-and-tomato-caponata
  • anewton04
    anewton04 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of salads with veggies. I also eat a lot of pitas with salads on them with cheese or hummus. Sometimes I just have granola bars with yogurt. I spend a lot time working out and working so I don't have much time. I also don't like meat very much. I do eat chicken maybe once a week. I love tuna but don't want to eat it too often because they say it has mercury in it. When I have nothing I end up with peanut butter and jellies. Thanks!
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Right now I am having a delicious black bean and corn salad with a homemade lime-cilantro dressing. YUM!
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    bump....great ideas to remember
  • yarn_nerd
    yarn_nerd Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm vegan so you can certainly add some cooked shrimp or something to this to add some meat-based protein.

One of my favortie lunches is veggie maki (veggie sushi). I make it on Sunday and have it for lunches for the 2-3 days following.

Take a seaweed sheet (find them in the asian section of the supermarket), spread a thin layer of warm sushi rice (I prefer brown rice) that is seasoned with rice vinegar, place a couple thin cucumber and carrot sticks at one end, as well as a couple slices of avocado (you could also add cooked shrimp, chicken, or tofu at this time), and then roll it up. Slice into 6-8 pieces, serve with pickled ginger and soy sauce (or Braggs Amino Acids). I usually round out my meal with a garden salad w/ ****ake sesame dressing, or carrots with hummus. You can also bring some steamed edamame (which is still yummy cold) to add some protein. It's pretty too:)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan so you can certainly add some cooked shrimp or something to this to add some meat-based protein.

One of my favortie lunches is veggie maki (veggie sushi). I make it on Sunday and have it for lunches for the 2-3 days following.

Take a seaweed sheet (find them in the asian section of the supermarket), spread a thin layer of warm sushi rice (I prefer brown rice) that is seasoned with rice vinegar, place a couple thin cucumber and carrot sticks at one end, as well as a couple slices of avocado (you could also add cooked shrimp, chicken, or tofu at this time), and then roll it up. Slice into 6-8 pieces, serve with pickled ginger and soy sauce (or Braggs Amino Acids). I usually round out my meal with a garden salad w/ ****ake sesame dressing, or carrots with hummus. You can also bring some steamed edamame (which is still yummy cold) to add some protein. It's pretty too:)

i have yet to make my own sushi...hmmm