Will it taste Ok??

j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I have thought about just putting frozen strawberries and ice in a blender but wonder what that would make with no liquid in there. Would it just be like a healthy icy?? Anyone tried it liked it??

Replies

• mskellyw
    mskellyw Posts: 111
    If the strawberries are frozen you won't need ice too. It might be a little hard to blend with no liquid (depending on the strength of your blender), so I'd recommend a food processor if you have one. If not, you might want to add a little liquid just to allow it to blend. I've done it with almond milk or juice and it makes a really nice slushy treat.
  • try adding some water to the frozen strawberries instead of ice. it works for me :)
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    I've never tried that.

Yesterday I tried peaches, ice, with a 1/4 cup 2% milk... blehh.. NO GOOD!

I've also done frozen strawberries and blueberries with a serving of fat free vanilla yogurt, and THAT is super yummy!!

Let me know how it turns out!!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    with the yogurt it sounds like it would be tasty, but just fruit and water, yuk! i'd rather defrost my forzen strawberries and eat them whole!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    I believe if you just blend strawberries, and do it long enough, it will become sorbet. By adding ice it will probably end up like a watered down sno-cone. I'd either vote for just blending the berries, or adding something else to the ice/berry mixture like some juice or yogurt to make it a smoothie.
  • shansd
    shansd Posts: 48
    to do it like a sorbet try mixing in a little vanilla extract and cinnamon. Just a little water to help blend.
    This with just about any fruit i have tried has worked out delicious. And those two ingredients don't add any calories.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I like blending fruit with a bit of OJ or pineapple juice. If they're frozen, you don't need ice. If they're not, throw some ice cubes in. My blender won't blend the ice without some liquid.

Ice waters everything down...so basically it would be strawberry flavoured slush.
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    I blend frozen strawberries or mixed berries with skim milk. If it's not sweet enough, I add vanilla sugar free coffee flavoring. Tastes like strawberry ice cream!
This discussion has been closed.