Modest NSV

Options
I've started going out into the big wide world and walking/jogging a 2.2mile circuit in my neighbourhood to beef up my calorie burn and fitness levels. The first time I did it it took me exactly 30mins. Today, it took me 25! Not sure if I'm walking faster or managing to run more than before but I feel really pleased that I'm making progress.

I do realise that it probably doesn't sound like much to those of you MFPers who run regularly but for me, it really is an NSV - especially as the pesky scales seem to have stalled.

Replies

• Alan_from_Wales
    Alan_from_Wales Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't know what nsv means but the circuit you are doing , is impressive, I walk a 2.1 circuit so I appreciate it's a good distance to complete in 25 mins......x
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    NSV - non-scale victory. Sometimes it's good to find other goals to celebrate, especially if the scales stall like they have for me :grumble: Thanks for the kind words.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed, that's a great start.
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    A win is a win, Pauline. You don't hear sportsmen saying "oh, we only just beat them a little bit, so it's not worth much!". You have done well, congratulate yourself.
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    A win is a win, Pauline. You don't hear sportsmen saying "oh, we only just beat them a little bit, so it's not worth much!". You have done well, congratulate yourself.

:flowerforyou: Thanks!
  • jestersvk
    jestersvk Posts: 49
    Options
    With NSV's it doesn't matter what other's think about it... NSV's are your personal victories and you should be proud that you achieved them...

Keep up the good work...
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options

Could not have said it any better^^^^
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Way to go!
  • btnyegurl
    btnyegurl Posts: 27
    Options
    Congrats, I'm terrified of out door workouts so its good to hear of someone else doing it!
  • joebanker24
    joebanker24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I don't run but do yoga and have had similar improvements with my poses. I also feel more confident. Those are nice non scale victories. Keep it up!
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    Congrats, I'm terrified of out door workouts so its good to hear of someone else doing it!

I still feel self-conscious outside but say to myself "don't assume that anyone's looking at you" and try to find the self-confidence to carry on. I hate every car that passes me cos I assume that everyone is laughing at my feeble attempts to walk/jog. I think this will take a long time to overcome but beating my personal best time today made me feel really good. I hope that low self-esteem doesn't stop me doing this. I'm going to carry on trying.
  • skiniminime13
    Options
    A victory indeed! Well done hun, you are doing brilliantly! Bikini calling! :-)
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've started going out into the big wide world and walking/jogging a 2.2mile circuit in my neighbourhood to beef up my calorie burn and fitness levels. The first time I did it it took me exactly 30mins. Today, it took me 25! Not sure if I'm walking faster or managing to run more than before but I feel really pleased that I'm making progress.

I do realise that it probably doesn't sound like much to those of you MFPers who run regularly but for me, it really is an NSV - especially as the pesky scales seem to have stalled.

I had a similar NSV a few days ago and made my 2 miles in 30 min which had been 40 - 45 mins before!! WTG!! Keep up the good work!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

Fabulous NSV. And doesn't matter what anyone else can do. This journey is about YOU! And you just accomplished a new goal. Be proud of it!!
  • timmomo
    timmomo Posts: 35
    Options
    Bravissimo!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jlfisch
    Jlfisch Posts: 27
    Options
    Great NSV!! As for the cars passing you by, whenever I'm driving and I see people outside all I keep thinking to myself is that I should be out there excercising as well and not pass up such a beautiful day! Your walk/jog is motivating a car driver to go home and take out those shoes and spend some time out doors as well! Keep up the great work! :glasses:
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind words!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!