The Skinny Jean Jar

Options
For any of you who are like me and need lots of motivation. I have 3 kids and tend to bribe them (probably too much), so I decided to bribe myself! Here is the plan... I got a mason jar and decorated it cute, and put a slot in the top. Oh and I also hot glued the lid on, so there is no temptation to take out the money! I am going to put $1/pound up until 10 pounds and then put $10 in the jar...I will follow this through the 20's, 30's and 40's. And then when I get to 50 I will put a $50 bill in! And then keep going until I lose all 80 pounds! When I do this I should have around $192 in my skinny jean jar...which should be enough to go and get my OWN skinny jeans that I will look great in! For a picture checkout my blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/tinkbell5

Replies

• pattitricia85
    Options
    thats a great idea!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Your jar is very cute!!
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Totally like your style!! Talk about true savings plan.... High 5 to you and your imagination :drinker:
  • ylin
    ylin Posts: 16
    Options
    awesome idea! i'm due for a new pair of skinny jeans too! i miss shopping at G-Star where all the sizes have become too small for me. :frown:
  • proctor0828
    Options
    GREAT IDEA!!! I just made me one... not as cute as yours though.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Great Idea im start me one very creative:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!
  • mandyfairbanks
    Options
    Thanks! It helps me stay motivated now that I made it public!