Non Scale Victory

moonspells
moonspells Posts: 126 Member
First time posting and only been around for a month but I'm loving it so far. Hoping to post a scale-related victory later today but for now:
My fiance and I went out with some friends to dinner and a concert last night. Not only did we plan what we were going to eat ahead of time to make sure we knew what the healthy choices were, I also left some of mine on my plate because I was full (despite the fact that it was DELICIOUS!)!!! This is HUGE from the girl who would previously have cleaned the plate if it was yummy and damn how my stomach would feel later! Especially at a restaurant where I was PAYING for that food! ;o)
Then we went for a walk around the city before the concert for about 40 minutes...and I kept up and wasn't exhausted by the time we were done! I'm 10 years older and 100 lbs. heavier than the people I was with so that left me feeling pretty great!
And afterwards we went for some dessert and my honey and I had enough calories left to share an apple strudel...it was fantastic to be able to enjoy that without any guilt!
What's your NSV for the weekend?

Replies

• Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    That is great !
    My NSV has to be that Im finding myself alot happier and more patient.
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    I especially love your victory about being able to keep up as I have thatproblem in certain company and am looking forward to being in better shape and with a little endurance so I can keep up.

And my NSV is taking this journey so seriously. I have been here and honest with myself and others and even took my before pictures (shudders) with the intent of taking pics every 3 months to gauge my progress. I have committed.
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Amber: Happier and more patient is something we could ALL use, I'm thinking! Congrats!

Drea: I'm with you...this time just feels different. I am in this 100%...no excuses, no going back! 'Course I'm only a month in...please check in on me in a couple months to make sure I'm STILL on track! ;o)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 743 Member
    Congrats!! Sounds like an awesome nite!

My nsv for last week was eating only my pre made yummy clean food!!! I had a major lean pocket at lunch addiction and I'm happy to say...I think I have broken the streak!! I had one every day for about 8 years!!!!! Ugh!
  • My NSV is that I can get outside and tend to my gardens (raking, pulling, general yardwork). This time last year I was too hurt from my car accident to even consider wheeling a wheelbarrow around the lawn! I'm getting stronger!! Pure joy.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Thats great, shows your attitude to food has completely changed!

My weekend NSV was fitting into a pair of UK size 18 skinny jeans, I have a few size 18's but these never fit as they are a "small" size 18, but I wore them this weekend for the first time so hopefully not long until I am a size 16! Wahoo! Started out a size 22 three months ago.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!