Breakfast is served!

Options
Hey guys I'm having trouble finding things to eat for breakfast! I need something good because I'm eating before I workout. I was eating 2 cups of yogurt but that's almost my whole days worth of sugar! Do you have any suggestions?

Replies

• MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    oatmeal- 1/2 c. rolled oats with 1c. blue diamond unsweetened vanilla almond milk and fruit! very filling. for extra protein, add half a serving of almonds
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love a mix of protein and complex carbs before a work out. My go-to bfasts are below:

1.) Subway English muffin- turkey, egg white, provolone, cucumber, tomato, green pepper, black pepper, red wine vinegar

2.) Toasted mini whole wheat bagel (110 cals) with peanut butter and half a banana sliced on top of it.

3.) Toasted mini whole wheat bagel with fat free cream cheese and 1 oz. of smoked salmon (gotta be careful not to eat too much processed meat though)

4.) If you like your yogurt try Chobani vanilla greek yogurt and add your own blueberries. Any flavored yogurt usually has a ton of added sugar or sugar substitute so try sticking to the plainer varieties- mint, plain, or vanilla are the best.

5.) Baked salmon with a dollop of fat free cream cheese and fresh chives on top. <-- This is probably my favorite bfast. I put it in the oven when I'm about halfway done with my work out and by the time I shower and get dressed, it's ready to go. I toss in a tupperware container and then go to work. Love not having to reheat it at work

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • climbagain
    Options
    Oat meal banana waffles. 2 cups oat meal, 2 cups almond milk (unsweetened), 2 table spoons olive oil, 1 ripe banana, 1/4 tsp salt. Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Let sit about 2 min. Pour into hot waffle iron for 10 min. Batter is thick so it takes 10 min to cook. With my waffle iron it makes six squares at about 235 cal a square. Total cal for mix is 1500 divide by how many your iron makes.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary... I hope you get some ideas :)
  • coop220
    coop220 Posts: 7
    Options
    I usually make a fruit parfait: 3/4 cup frozen berries (thaw in microwave), 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I sweeten mine with a packet of steevia because I find the taste pretty bitter), 1/4 cup all and 1/4 cup of kashi go lean cereal.

If I am going to workout in the morning I will usually have 1/3 cup quick oats, 1/3 cup oat bran and 1 cup of almond breeze. Put that in the microwave for about 2-2 1/2 minutes and sprinkle some cinnamon. After I am done my workout then I have a protein shake using berries and half a banana.
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My usuals are:

liquid egg whites and make 1/4 c on an english muffin (there is a great egg maker by the microwaves at walmart and you can make your own and not have to purchase breakfast every morning)

Oatmeal

Nutrigrain bars

Yoplait fat-free yogurt

Toast with peanut butter will give you some work-out umph!