Did you lose 10 Ibs in one month??

Options
Hello,

I'm looking to lose about 10 lbs for the month of April. However, I don't have a specific plan to do so. So, I'm wondering if anyone has good tips to achieve this goal :)

I'm 5'6
cw 180lbs.

Thanks

Replies

• SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. I've been doing this 16 days and have lost 6 1/2 lbs (even though TOM visited today AND we took a mini vacation in there). I've been eating my calories and working out...

I guess the main concern is to not get too discouraged when it stops?

My starting weight was 185 and I'm 5'5, so we are fairly similar in that respect, too.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Um, come up with a plan, eat your calories, watch your sodium intake, get your regular exercise in and...lose the weight? That's what I've been doing. **shrug** You may lose 10 or you may lose 5 or 7. Any loss is a good loss.
  • me1283
    me1283 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the replies ..

I'm trying not to get discouraged. I know it takes time and I'm not planning on quitting anytime soon :)

I have been eating my calories and exercising..I also started watching my sodium intake..WHICH IS SUPER HARD FOR ME. But I'm doing it.

I asked the question to get some suggestions..such as exercises that can help boost metabolism.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I asked the question to get some suggestions..such as exercises that can help boost metabolism.
    There are no magic metabolism boosting exercises. Get your cardio in. A lot of people will tell you to do HIIT, but regular steady state cardio is also effective. Get some weight training in.

Weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise.
  • hallzz
    hallzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I find that running works the best for me but the most I have ever lost is about 5 pounds in a month. I'm 5'10" had a starting weight of 174. Just keep at it and take measurements too. That has been a big help for me as some months i have gained weight but lost inches. It truly is all about doing this in a healthy and sustainable way! Good luck!
  • me1283
    Options
    Thanks Hallzz..Taking measurements is a good idea.
  • kirsty736
    kirsty736 Posts: 65
    Options
    I lost 10lbs this month. Although it was my first month and I started at 210 so it is probably meant to start a bit quickly. I just stuck to within the 1200 calories that MFP suggested, and only ate my exercise calories if I was still hungry, not just for the sake of using them up. Hope this helps and good luck xx
  • me1283
    Options
    Congrats on your first 10 Ibs loss :)

I know that most posts say to eat your exercise calories, but I can't do that every day.