Water issue

Options
Hi there. I was wondering, can you drink too much water? I feel like I drank too much right after exercise and I feel quite lightheaded. I didn't feel lightheaded after the exercise and while I was doing my cool down, but after a couple of ice cold waters, it's feeling a bit weird.

Replies

• Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. You can actually for from drinking too much. But that is a ton of water needed to kill ya. I personally prefer room temp to warm water after workout. Tend to chug less because I have upset my stomach before by chugging tons of water after workout
  • BLy82
    BLy82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I was wondering, can you drink too much water? I feel like I drank too much right after exercise and I feel quite lightheaded. I didn't feel lightheaded after the exercise and while I was doing my cool down, but after a couple of ice cold waters, it's feeling a bit weird.

Yes, absolutely.

If you are consuming a lot of plain water, particularly at a time when you've been sweating (such as with a workout), you can throw off the electrolyte balance in your blood.

It's not necessarily the water doing it, there are other reasons you can feel a bit odd after exercise, like if your blood pressure doesn't adjust as quickly as it should. Still, if you're doing a particularly long and sweaty workout, sport drinks/mixes are worth considering. You could even just look up recipes online for your own sports drinks (which basically involve adding a little salt to your workout water to replace what you're shedding.)
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys, I will be more careful about it :)