Facial sweating and weight loss

Options
I rarely wear make-up or have my bangs down because my forehead sweats. I know it's supposedly well known that "fat people sweat", but I know many big girls whose faces don't sweat at all- except maybe when they're working out. For me, it's like my thermostat is always functioning on 100 degrees farenheit.

Sooo has anyone had this problem and had it improve with weight loss?

Replies

• jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    I had the same problem and assumed it was due to being overweight or the start of menopause, but it turned out to be a symptom of a thyroid problem. You may want to check your latest blood test and if you're thyroid level is borderline then see an endocrinologist. Good luck!
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    That was me,sweating from my face. embarassing. I do take thyroid meds and I was told it was really my weight. Well I havent had this problem in quite awhile. I have dropped quite a bit.
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    I sweat like a beast when I work out (and really most of the time when it's hot - I work outside sometimes on farms, and I can be dripping just doing my daily activity). I'm 25, height of 5'2" and want to loose about 8-10 pounds (7 down thus far), so don't consider myself really over weight. I have a history of hypothyroidism, but have my blood levels checked annually and haven't needed to be on meds for it in years.... So my point is that sometimes you just sweat, and unfortunately, some of it is individual variation.
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Please get your thyroid checked. Sounds familar!
  • MIMI74
    MIMI74 Posts: 14
    Options
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!:cry: I HAVE HAD IT SINCE I WAS YOUNG (AND FIT) BEFORE BABIES!I JUST ALWAYS THOUGHT ALL MY SWEAT GLANDS WERE IN MY FACE!:laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    little known fact, the more you sweat when you work out, the healthier you are. Metabolic issues and other health concerns not widthstanding.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!:cry: I HAVE HAD IT SINCE I WAS YOUNG (AND FIT) BEFORE BABIES!I JUST ALWAYS THOUGHT ALL MY SWEAT GLANDS WERE IN MY FACE!:laugh:

I hate it...mainly because I love the look of bangs, but I just can't wear them. :mad:

__

I've had my blood checked in the past, and my thyroid was good. I have fibromyalgia, and I believe it can be a symptom of that, but I'd rather know it's caused by excess weight...at least then I have some hope that it will go away. :smile:
  • frogtoestoo
    Options
    I was always hot and sweaty when no one else was and thought it could be menopause (I'm 48). I have noticed a change since I lost weight though. The only time I sweat now is when I'm actually exerting myself. I have actually worn a sweatshirt a couple times recently when the temp was in the low 70s because I was COLD!

249436.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i didn't think women sweated. I thought they glistened
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options

It's always best," and healthy " for a man to think that way. Us women have many "issues" , that should never be acknowledge. So Your right kind sir, women don't sweat, we glisten. :smile:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    little known fact, the more you sweat when you work out, the healthier you are. Metabolic issues and other health concerns not widthstanding.

that is very interesting piece of information to know thanks for sharing that.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I sweat only from my scalp. It comes down from my head to my chest. My shirt is usually soak and wet from the head sweating, I'm dry everywhere else. I attribute it to my brain protecting itself from overheating since it's so smart.:laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    Options

No, women haven't glistened since the early 60's.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

No, women haven't glistened since the early 60's.
    :grumble:
    Well, my "glistening" drips off my face!!!!!!!!!
    :noway:
    My scalp sweats, my face sweats. I sweat all over. Always have. When my babies were born in the summer, they sweated, too. I didn't think babies got sweaty.
    :huh:
    I'm hoping another 25ish pounds will help, but I'm not holding my breath!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    my babies sweat like mad. everytime they wake up they've got some wicked sweaty bedhead. :laugh: I used to sweat like a beast, but I've since lost some weight & almost never sweat (in my day-to-day routine) but when I'm working out, bring on the buckets. my sweat glands are working overtime.
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh close to 185 pounds and really sweat when I started working out. Now I'm around 135 and sweat just as much, or even more, when I work out. I thought I would sweat less once I lost the weight, but that's not the case. For me, weight had nothing to do with how much I sweat. I guess I'm just a born sweater. I've also heard that sweating is a good thing, so don't fret over sweating.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    My son is an athlete with only 7% body fat, when he works out you would swear there was a faucet in his face! I have no Idea, but good for you breaking a sweat is a good indicator that you are working out instead of working it! Like all the lipstick jocks who never sweat! Keep it up, we can do this!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. I use to think I was strange because I never dripped sweat like alot of people. I did finally drip sweat during my workouts and thought it was due to a more intense work-out and didn't realize it was because I was healthier.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options

I hate it...mainly because I love the look of bangs, but I just can't wear them. :mad:

__

I've had my blood checked in the past, and my thyroid was good. I have fibromyalgia, and I believe it can be a symptom of that, but I'd rather know it's caused by excess weight...at least then I have some hope that it will go away. :smile:
    Honey, you are gorgeous and I think you would look good in bangs. I have noticed that the thinner I get the colder I get. I do think losing the "insulation" helps.:laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    Options

__

Honey, you are gorgeous and I think you would look good in bangs. I have noticed that the thinner I get the colder I get. I do think losing the "insulation" helps.:laugh:

Aw, thank you. :smile: Here's to getting rid of the insulation. :drinker: