Never thought I'd say this...

Options
9jenn9
9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
Since I've started mfp, I've been trying to cut back on processed foods and sugar. I'm not being militant about it, just trying to use my daily calories on filling whole foods. Last night, I was at a pot luck. Low and behold, on the table was a massive sheet cake. I had enough calories left, so I took a piece. IT WAS TOO SWEET! I didn't taste good too me. I count that as a success! Has anyone else notice a change in their palate?

Replies

• mrskellyray
    mrskellyray Posts: 114
    Options
    Absolutly! I used to LOVE coke and root beer, but now that I haven't drank it in months, i drank 1 on my sis's wedding yesterday, and the sugar was way more than I could bear! haha it was crazy! :) love it though.
  • mrskellyray
    mrskellyray Posts: 114
    Options
    oh! and i also now "crave" whole foods and veggies. Before i would crave junk, but now I love my cauliflower and carrots and want more!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yes, i used to be addicted to sugar. Now when i eat something it is too sweet.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I used to love...and i mean LOVE chips. Id live of the *kitten* if I could. The other day, I had a handful out found it very unpleasant. My mouth felt like it was coated in grease. Blechhh!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    That's a huge success!!!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Yep, pizza is too greasy, cake too sweet, and lots of things too salty.
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great thread !

Yes ... I found substitution the best way to get there. I hated drinking water despite knowing it was good for me. I had to kick my 2+ cans of Cola per day so the water came in with a little flavouring of lemon and lime (a small slice of each into the water) and my substitute was found. Still like Cola but dont "need it" like I used to.

I am happy with my healthier choices now and dont really care about the 'poor choice' foods that are gone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!