I cheated yesterday

Options
I'm only one into changing my eating habits and I've already given myself a cheat day. I went out to eat with a friend and we split a flat bread pizza. Then I couldn't help myself, I had to steal one of my husbands prepackaged Steak Fajitas. Luckily he ate the rest of the box so I don't have to worry about those lingering around the house anymore. All together though, I still did okay. I only went over my Calorie limit by 26 calories.

Oh, and I didn't exercise either.

Did anybody else out there cheat yesterday?

Replies

• myebinger
    myebinger Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm only one into changing my eating habits and I've already given myself a cheat day. I went out to eat with a friend and we split a flat bread pizza. Then I couldn't help myself, I had to steal one of my husbands prepackaged Steak Fajitas. Luckily he ate the rest of the box so I don't have to worry about those lingering around the house anymore. All together though, I still did okay. I only went over my Calorie limit by 26 calories.

Oh, and I didn't exercise either.

Did anybody else out there cheat yesterday?
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    You call that cheating???? You only went 26 calories over! I say if that is the worst you ever "cheat" congratulations! :drinker: You could have burned those off by pacing around while you had a cell phone conversation or something!

Seriously, it is good to watch those calories and be a little anal, but in general, you just need to stay in the groove, stick with the program and enjoy the process. Some days you will just eat healthier than others, that is life!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I think you did pretty darn good! that's what this site is for to do your best...and with the situation you were in...you did awesome...so high five!!!!:drinker:

I agree dshandt! somedays are better than others but just try to stay in the "groove!".....I like that!
    lol

hugs and keep up the great job!
    Ali
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Mmm...flat bread pizza....mmmm....prepackaged steak fajitas....:indifferent:

Sorry, zoned out there....

26 is not bad at all, in fact, I would say that's right on. Like someone else said, you probably burned those walking into and out of the restaurant. From where I'm standing (mmm....flat bread pizz...sorry!) I would say you are good to go! :bigsmile:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    That is definitely NOT considered cheating! Good job though, keep it up!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I cheated yesterday but it was my weekend treat so it was ok. I had 3 homemade chocolate chip cookies and they were yummy :bigsmile: i'll probably burn the extra 250 cals tomorrow but if not then i won't worry too much!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of cheating today!
    And if I only go over by 26 calories its because I will pass out or something!

You didn't cheat, you can't always be EXACTLY ON TARGET with calories, there really isn't a way to tell exactly, so I'm sure you are fine.

No worries.
    you're doing good!:flowerforyou:
  • myebinger
    Options
    Well, all of you are right, I didn't cheat too bad. But yesterday, I REALLY cheated.
    I have this taudry love affair with pizza and between a birthday party and me and my husband having a movie-pizza night, I ate half a pie. The good news, I didn't shrug my shoulders and grab up some ice cream or something. Instead I got up the next morning and went for a 4 mile bike ride. My legs got all rubbery, and my skin is still sticky like I sweated the cheese right out of my pores. It feels so good. I need a shower.
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I cheated too but I dont' even feel guilty. I believe everything is okay in moderation. I am not going to live a life of misery, trying to be a rabbit every meal of every day. I went to a barbeque after work yesterday, the first work party of the year, and had some chips and dip and 2 small margaritas (also had salad and cheeseburger, but those fit into my calories). The chips and alcohol put me 800 cal over for the day.

but. it really doens't bother me. I was 300 cal under on one day and 100 cal under another day so it's not like I'm splurging every day. I figure as long as I splurge once a week or less, I'll still lose weight.

the fact is, even though it was a "splurge" it was still less than I used to eat and WAY LESS than I used to eat on a "splurge day".

I find that if i get too guilty/obsessed about these things, that at some point I just say "what the heck" and stop dieting at all, because I'm a "failure".
  • myebinger
    Options
    I know what you mean, normally if I were to cheat this soon into dieting I would just stop caring, but I think keeping this daily log is helping me see how I can have these little splurges and still be okay as long as I keep trying.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I cheated too but I dont' even feel guilty. I believe everything is okay in moderation. I am not going to live a life of misery, trying to be a rabbit every meal of every day. I went to a barbeque after work yesterday, the first work party of the year, and had some chips and dip and 2 small margaritas (also had salad and cheeseburger, but those fit into my calories). The chips and alcohol put me 800 cal over for the day.

but. it really doens't bother me. I was 300 cal under on one day and 100 cal under another day so it's not like I'm splurging every day. I figure as long as I splurge once a week or less, I'll still lose weight.

the fact is, even though it was a "splurge" it was still less than I used to eat and WAY LESS than I used to eat on a "splurge day".

I find that if i get too guilty/obsessed about these things, that at some point I just say "what the heck" and stop dieting at all, because I'm a "failure".

I'm glad you said this. I went 800 over yesterday and felt like a failure. The thing is, I used to eat like that or worse EVERY DAY. So the fact that I ate that much for the first time in over 2 weeks is an accomplishment in a way...I'm changing! I'm paying attention to it, at least!