Murphy's Law

Options
Why is it that when you make the decision to eat better and exercise you get invited to every birthday, every family gathering and your friends want to take you out for drinks?

Replies

• myebinger
    myebinger Posts: 25
    Options
    Why is it that when you make the decision to eat better and exercise you get invited to every birthday, every family gathering and your friends want to take you out for drinks?
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think the same and why is it when you go, there is not one, "good for you food", there???
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    OMG! That is what is happened to me too right now!! I am dealing with a Girls Nite Out this weekend and I don't know how I am going to avoid the alcohol!

Last nite was Chuckie Cheeses for a B-day party, nite before that a work function with lots of yummy stuff, the WORST was the office birthday party with the Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake! UGH!

Murphy Rears His Ugly Head!!

Makes you realize how reckless you were before, huh?!?
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY!
    As soon as I start losing weight and getting back on track with eating correctly and constant exercise, I have an opera production this weekend meaning cast parties and cakes and booze.
    OH! and every Thursday night around here all of the bars on the square do beer and crawfish for CHEAP and I always have a friend begging me to go.

UGH, just let me put my social life on hold until i reach my goal, okay?
    just kidding...those crawfish are amazing.
  • frank1987
    frank1987 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've that situation manifest itself in one way or another before. All of a sudden alternate paths that compromise one's health either becomes existent or intensifies
  • myebinger
    myebinger Posts: 25
    Options
    And guess what? Now I have ANOTHER Birthday party to go too.

Oh, God, please give me strength to stay away from the Birthday Cake!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go to those birthday parties! If you eat massive amounts of baby carrots or some other healthy meal or snack, you will be less likely to "binge."

That being said, a SMALL piece of cake and other snacks could fit into your calories.

Good luck! I have the same problem when I go to any restaurant.
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    And don't forget the Water...Water....Water ! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • littleone68
    littleone68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I had the same situation last weekend. My niece made her first communion and there were all kinds of pasta salad, potato salad, lasagna, cakes, cookies, brownies, candy. I managed to push through all of that and find some garden salad, chicken and meatballs. Ironically I didn't even want the other stuff, although I was scoping out the chocolate covered strawberries for a while. And like neome90 said, I carried a bottle of water around with me.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    sabotage is lurking everywhere...lmbo....

good idea carrying the water...I do the same thing....and ALWAYS go for lots of salad first....like a whole plate full...then I'll get something else...when I'm not so hungry and all those pasta's and bready things don't look so yum....

it works like 90% of the time LOL
    hugs!
    Ali