Frozen fruit snack (about 200 calories)

Options
Tami113
Tami113 Posts: 117 Member
I was inspired by fellow MFP'ers and decided to experiment a summer frozen treat. This is so simple and highly modifiable.

1/2 cup strawberries (i used frozen but fresh works too)
1/2 medium banana
1/3 cup almond milk

Mush well in a food processor or with a potato masher.
Put in freezer for two hours, remove, stir and put back in freezer until you are satisified with the consistency.

I took it out about 3hours later, put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and mixed well to get it creamy. Don't microwave too long or you will end up with a yummy smoothie instead of a frozen treat. And three hours spent for nothing
I added some cashews and two melted hershey kisses (i couldn' resist)
The end calorie result for me was 340 (because of the kisses)

I bet this would be good with granola and other nuts. Or raisins, or yogurt, or protein powder, or yummy peanut butter! I bet if you add some avocado it would taste good too!
Oh the possibilities are endless!!!

Make a bigger batch and save for later! I was experimenting so i only made enough for one serving.

Replies

• jastarki
    jastarki Posts: 14
    Options
    OMG, sounds so delicious!
    Will have to try it soon! Great recipe!
  • Tami113
    Options
    If you use more banana it will be thicker and creamier! Oh and of course other fruits work too. My goal was to make it feel like ice cream, and it did!!!!!!
  • rmoga99
    rmoga99 Posts: 37
    Options
    Bump...thanks!
  • JenSmith1104
    Options
    I do that all the time. It tastes like ice cream. I usually just cut up bananas that are going old and freeze them in bags (one banana each). Then when I want a treat, I take a bag out throw it in the blender with a bit of skim milk and a drizzle of chocolate syrup. It is 155 calories with the chocolate syrup and 130 without.
  • Tami113
    Options
    Such a good idea to freeze soon to go bad fruits. I am by no means a cook of any sort, i hold my own. I was so proud to make this super simple treat. Probably too proud for the little effort it took. I hope to make it tomorrow for the hubby!