Invited out to eay

Options
So I got invited to my boss's place for a potluck supper...and well i know it was hard to not fill my plate right full and eat too much..which i did for sure. Im just wondering how u all handle things like this and not by saying no??

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    What are your options? Stay home and eat salad, or participate in life?

The rest of your life is going to be full of these kinds of events. Develope a strategy that works for you ....eat beforehand, don't eat at all, exercise more, obsess and make everyone roll their eyes, don't worry about it. . . learn to spread calories out a few days before and after. . .
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    Get in an extra workout. Watch your calories a bit more the day before and after. There are always going to be temptations and parties and stuff going on. You have to be able to enjoy it but then get right back on track! Don't stress over one day!
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I usually turn down meals like that , but if do go I stick strickly to veggies only and add some protein if I can find it. It took a while for me to get to the point of watching others fill their plate while i filled up on green and water to drink. I usually try to take the veggie plate to a potluck so I know there is something for me to eat.
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Judging by the one last night.... I overeat!
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    pot lucks usually have pretty bad food anyway (looking/tasting), how about bring a dish like vegetables or salad, or maybe little sandwiches you know you can eat.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Bring something you can for sure eat, shrimp ring, salad with stuff to add to it. Go for the proteins and veggies and treat yourself to one or two treat-ish things and be done. Focus on the company and not the food. I always bring the boring veggie tray... but you know what, it's always empty when everyone leaves... like the other poster said, just make up for in the days ahead and after the day... Enjoy!!
  • MommyBea
    MommyBea Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone...Keep it coming! And Noticed my typo...Eay is suppose to be Eat...LOL!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone...Keep it coming! And Noticed my typo...Eay is suppose to be Eat...LOL!
    you beat me to it lol.... Eay all you want
  • MommyBea
    MommyBea Posts: 84
    Options
    you beat me to it lol.... Eay all you want

Ya I had a aww crap moment when i saw the typo...LOL!