delicious quick breakfast

Banana Oatmeal Pancake - 2 egg whites..1/3 cup oatmeal..1 banana (mashed)..mix well..spray pan with pam and cook as 1 big pancake!!! Eat as it is or put fresh fruit on top (ie. papaya umm good) It is two servings ... calories per serving: 139....fat per serving: 1.1g... cholesterol per serving: 0... carbs per serving: 23g... protein per serving: ...10g

Replies

• blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    That sounds delicious!
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Sounds good! I have a banana on my counter just waiting to be eaten... :bigsmile:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    I was excited to try this last night for dinner, but when I got home I realized that I had forgotten to lock the child safety lock on my fridge and my dogs had eaten my eggs. They love raw eggs... (four big rescues, love them very much, but they are very smart and sometimes misbehave)

So I instead used a tablespoon of almond oil instead of the egg whites. So one smashed banana, 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1 tablespoon almond oil, and about a teaspoon of cinnamon.

WOW. Delicious and very filling! Thank you SO MUCH for posting this recipe!!!
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    mmm sounds yummy! Do you cook your oatmeal before making the pancakes?
  • Wecandothis
    I didn't. I just threw it in with the banana, then fried it up in a pan with Pam.
  • Sounds good can't to try it :tongue:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    bump
  • singerlynne
    singerlynne Posts: 9 Member
    wow you have lost a lot good for you... i will try
  • stacesand
    stacesand Posts: 63 Member
    bump for later!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    moving out friday, but I actually have all these ingredients! yay!
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    bump
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    sounds delicious. thanks
  • talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    Sounds yummy, I can't wait to try this!
    Thanks for sharing!
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    are you sure its 139 PER serving? it sounds like it would be 139 calories for the two servings....
  • Wecandothis
    Well the banana is 104 and the oatmeal is 100, then the egg whites, so she's right. :)
  • answer to question concerning the nutrition values...I checked the recipe and it says "amount per serving" and gives the values that I have quoted. I think that if you eat the whole thing, it is still a very low calorie breakfast so I hope you enjoy it.
  • you don't cook the oatmeal, just mix all the ingredients together and cook it in a frying pan sprayed with pam. Good question though!
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Does it matter if it's quick-cooking oats or instant oatmeal, etc.?
  • Wecandothis
    Does it matter if it's quick-cooking oats or instant oatmeal, etc.?

I used the plain old fashioned oatmeal because it's better for you and does not have any additives like salt or other chemicals.

But I guess you could use the others, dunno. :)
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    I will try this soon...thanks for sharing.:flowerforyou: