hang over stomach help?

Options
hi any ladies out there had a c section and now have a pooch? any advice on how to lose it

Replies

• MommyBea
    MommyBea Posts: 84
    Options
    hi any ladies out there had a c section and now have a pooch? any advice on how to lose it

Good Question Id like to know this too!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Cardio, strength training and a calorie deficit. There is no other way....well unless surgery.
  • candyrayne215
    candyrayne215 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i wish i could afford tummy tuck
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Cardio, strength training and a calorie deficit. There is no other way....well unless surgery.

This is exactly what I'm doing and it's coming off slowly.
  • candyrayne215
    Options
    im doing that now... guess i gotta be patient
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is by far my biggest issue! I had a c-section 9 years ago and last fall had colorectal surgery where 14" of my colon was removed. The surgery was done at the c-section location, so it's like starting all over, but luckily (I guess) I hadn't gotten too far in loosing it the first time. Trying hard to loose it!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections 16 and 13 years ago and my tummy is UGLY!!! I'm hoping to get it better, but with all the stretch marks and lack of muscle tone, it's just plain ugly. If after a round of P90X or more it's not where I want it to be, I'm going to look into a tummy tuck... I've heard insurance may help pay if it's due to a c-section, but I need to get all the weight off and get as fit as possible before I'd see a doc about it.

Just keep at it. Mine's WAY down from when I started!
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi the c-section belly will get smaller but will always be there. I had two c-secs and even though I work out
    4-5 times a week and my son is 29 it is still there.
  • candyrayne215
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections 16 and 13 years ago and my tummy is UGLY!!! I'm hoping to get it better, but with all the stretch marks and lack of muscle tone, it's just plain ugly. If after a round of P90X or more it's not where I want it to be, I'm going to look into a tummy tuck... I've heard insurance may help pay if it's due to a c-section, but I need to get all the weight off and get as fit as possible before I'd see a doc about it.

Just keep at it. Mine's WAY down from when I started!

thanks
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I had my third section 5 months ago, lost 10lbs immediately after, and have regained. I have the hangover tummy from hell! I can handle my big butt, but the tummy is gross.
    Last time i lost weight, over a year ago now, it was cardio/strength training, and diet. I wish there was a quicker fix (trust me, it's one of my biggest wishes, i'd be on that REAL fast!)
  • cmgehrke
    cmgehrke Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    avoid any bad carbs and avoid as much refined sugar as you can. cardio. tummy excersizes. i had two c-sections- no pooch now. it isn't easy! good luck :)
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I had a C-section 4 years ago, and am down to a healthy weight - no hangover. A little extra fat on my belly still that should go away with the last 5-10 pounds. You just have to stick to it. Belly is the last thing to go, I think.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a c-section, had two kids naturally and I am here to tell you that my pooch is ugly. I contstantly in the past get asked if I am pregnant (I just has another baby three months ago so if they ask me now I think I might smack someone). Mine is genetic though. My Grandma looked pregnant at 83 when she passed, my Mom looks pregnant at 57 and my Sister is 103 pounds and barely eats and has had three c-sections and one other belly surgery and she still has a pooch.

I wouldn't let it bother you though. Reduce it to as much as you can and love it for what it has given you.
  • pineapplewood
    pineapplewood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I thought I may get a "hangover" cure here!!! OOPS!
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options

I wouldn't let it bother you though. Reduce it to as much as you can and love it for what it has given you.
    We can complain about it all we want but this says it all! Thanks for the reminder.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Working on the diet and losing weight... I have dubbed it my mommy badge.. 4 kids later, if that's the worst side effect, I'll take it..