Weighing in day AFTER cheat day?

Options
I normally weigh in on Mondays. However, today was my first cheat day I have really allowed myself to really go over on my calories. I went over by 700 today and I am concerned that if I get on that scale tomorrow...it will show! I do not want to get discouraged!! Should I skip my weigh-in?

Replies

• LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You could always weigh just to see and not record it lol
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Dont skip. I think so many of us got this way by avoiding what the scale had to say. I bet it wont be nearly as bad as you think. 700 is probably still a defecit for you, so dont worry!
  • Kwiz01
    Kwiz01 Posts: 13
    Options
    And tomorrow is a new day. Get up, dust off, and get back on the horse.:smooched:
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't, but ONLY because it would depress me, and throw me off my diet (and any little thing manages to do that).
    I, personally, would just go harder tomorrow.
  • aboadle
    aboadle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh in after cheat days, it's ok because you know there might be a gain because of the cheat day. Don't be scared of the scales going up, it will happen. If you weigh in once a week you never know, one cheat day shouldn't make too much difference! And you'll see a bigger change next week anyway (unless there are more cheat days involved lol)

Good luck! :)
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire bag of cheetos (personal size) and the next morning weighed myself and I was down an inch. Don't sweat it we all need a "cheat day" every now and then :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I find that I sometimes weigh less the day after a cheat day. I would say weigh in anyway, and if it's over what you were last week, don't count it. Wait until Tuesday to get an accurate reading.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    sometimes I weigh less after I have an "eat what I want" day. Its awesome
  • kelleyke
    kelleyke Posts: 20
    Options
    700 isn't that huge a deal, it's only like .2 lbs, the only thing you have to really be concerned about weighing after cheat days (in my opinion) is making sure your sodium intake was in check, otherwise the water weight can throw off the reading by a lot
  • Sunshine_and_Puppies
    Options
    You may be surprised. My first cheat day after 3 months of being good yeilded a 3.4 lb loss and according to a lot of my mfp friends this is fairly common.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I don't only because when I cheat, I retain a ton of water from the sodium. 700 calories is not going to show on the scale but 7000 mg's of sodium will....give yourself a couple days to pee it out :)
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I thought it took 3500 calories to gain a LB of fat? 700 isnt even close to that! You might be over but at least you know its not fat!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Because I do take in more sodium on the weekends, I moved my weigh in from Monday to Friday. Doesn't mean I weigh and then eat everything in sight, but at then I can't blame my weight on a cheat day. Like someone mentioned earlier, last weekend I ate horribly (TOM and birthday kid) and yet at weigh in, I had lost 2 pounds. Was a pleasant surprise!
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It is just a number. If you're working hard and losing weight the number on weekly weigh in isn't THAT big of a deal. I had a day where I gained back my weight I lost previous week, was kind of shocked as I had worked really hard that week. That being said, the following week I dropped off 9.5 lbs. So I suspect there was just some overlap. I also now weigh myself a couple times of the day to get a feel for my body's pattern. Doing all of this made me much less concerned about the number. I work hard, I eat well, I cheat more than I should, and I still lose in the long term.
  • nikrit84
    nikrit84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well I did get on the scale and it said 1.4lbs heavier :( But I am going to check it tomorrow and hope it is better...and count that one! lol Thanks everyone!
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Today I lost only 1.2 lbs. Considering I was down 2 lbs on Thursday(my mid week unofficial weigh in) I was really disappointed at that number, but it didn't really discourage me at all. I suspect I was likely retaining water or something from previous day. Weigh in tonight after work out had me another 2 lbs lighter. I just try to not get too hung up on that number, its only a measuring stick. Body measurements are another tool to help. Biggest thing for me is when I was walking around/going up and down stairs this weekend. It felt freaking effortless, and that tells me my body is getting lighter and stronger, enough for me! :D
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    depends on what you ate , you may lose for a you know