Girl Scout Samoa Cookies!

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
If you're like me, you can never just have one...this year I was good and didn't even buy one box! Well, yesterday I went to the grocery store and decided to try a new granola bar since I had a coupon for some. I went with the Kellogg's Antioxidants Dark Chocolate Almond and the Kellogg's Antioxidants Caramel Coconut Fudge. The dark choc almond is good, yes, but the caramel coconut fudge reminds me of a samoa!

So, if you want a samoa fix without buying some and trying to resist eating them all at once, I recommend you try it! It's perfect for a snack, or your sweet tooth fix. :)

Each bar has...
130 calories
4 g fat
100 mg sodium
26 g carb
9 g fiber
7 g sugar
2 g protein

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I second this recommendation :) I was obsessed with those things for quite a while (just don't eat too many in a day since it IS fiber, after all....)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Luna Bars have a coconut flavor that tastes a lot like I remember the real thing. 170 or 180 calories, 10 g protein.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    They are my favorite. Thanks for sharing! Will have to try.
  • Bergiere
    Bergiere Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout Cookies are EVIL!

Evil I tell you!!!!
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm in Afghanistan and occasionally "the purple box" will show up as a result of someone's care package. Holy cow I love those things...I had 4 the other day.....it cost me some time on the elliptical, but I would do it again...and again, probably. :)
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Those Fiber Plus Caramel Coconut bars do remind me of Samoas too. They are really good!
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    Yum, I'm going to have to try those. Thank you.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    The ingredients on these kelloggs bars are anything but nutritious. There is more to losing weight and having good health than merely counting calories...........

Here are the ingredients of those Kellogg bars.

CHICORY ROOT FIBER, ROLLED OATS, CRISP RICE (RICE FLOUR, SUGAR, MALT EXTRACT, SALT, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS), SUGAR, VEGETABLE OIL (PALM, PALM KERNEL AND SOYBEAN OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED PALM AND PALM KERNEL OIL) , FRUCTOSE, COCONUT, CORN SYRUP, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF GLYCERIN, SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK (MILK, SUGAR), COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, WHEAT FLOUR, WHEY, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, SOY LECITHIN, BUTTER (CREAM, SALT), BAKING SODA, WHOLE MILK, NONFAT MILK, DEXTROSE, ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ACETATE (VITAMIN E), PECTIN, COCOA, ZINC OXIDE, BHT (PRESERVATIVE), WHEAT STARCH, SORBITAN TRISTEARATE, MALTODEXTRIN, YELLOW #5 LAKE, YELLOW #6 LAKE.
  • swood0114
    swood0114 Posts: 43
    Options
    The ingredients on these kelloggs bars are anything but nutritious. There is more to losing weight and having good health than merely counting calories...........

Here are the ingredients of those Kellogg bars.

CHICORY ROOT FIBER, ROLLED OATS, CRISP RICE (RICE FLOUR, SUGAR, MALT EXTRACT, SALT, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS), SUGAR, VEGETABLE OIL (PALM, PALM KERNEL AND SOYBEAN OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED PALM AND PALM KERNEL OIL) , FRUCTOSE, COCONUT, CORN SYRUP, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF GLYCERIN, SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK (MILK, SUGAR), COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, WHEAT FLOUR, WHEY, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, SOY LECITHIN, BUTTER (CREAM, SALT), BAKING SODA, WHOLE MILK, NONFAT MILK, DEXTROSE, ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ACETATE (VITAMIN E), PECTIN, COCOA, ZINC OXIDE, BHT (PRESERVATIVE), WHEAT STARCH, SORBITAN TRISTEARATE, MALTODEXTRIN, YELLOW #5 LAKE, YELLOW #6 LAKE.

Oh who invited Buzz Killington to this forum?
    Those bars are AWESOME, and a great alternative to Samoas... I noticed the same thing.
    If you actually read those ingredients and understood what they are (with strong scientific research,) you wouldn't post something like that.

There is more to losing weight and having good health than making yourself miserable by depriving yourself of things you love!
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh who invited Buzz Killington to this forum?
    Those bars are AWESOME, and a great alternative to Samoas... I noticed the same thing.
    If you actually read those ingredients and understood what they are (with strong scientific research,) you wouldn't post something like that.

There is more to losing weight and having good health than making yourself miserable by depriving yourself of things you love!
    [/quote]

amen!
  • itsanot
    itsanot Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MisFitMom219
    MisFitMom219 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be needing those!! ----thanks for the recommendation!
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Any substitution ideas for a cadbury creme egg? lol

other than a real egg?
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Keebler also makes cookies that taste just like those and they look like them.

They are called Coconut Dreams.:smile:
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    OMG. Samoas are THE best. I was a former GS and I LOOOOVED these year after year. haha Thanks for the tip! I haven't purchased any cookies this year, don't intend to! :]