Crustless Strawberry Pie

Options
Just1forMe
Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
It's strawberry season and this is one of my favorite light strawberry desserts! You won't miss the crust...promise! :love:

Crustless Strawberry Pie
8 slices, 1 slice per serving:
92 calories, carbs: 17 Fat: 2 Protein:1 Sodium: 162 Cholesterol: 0

Ingredients
4 cups strawberries, sliced
1 (5/8 ounce) box sugar-free strawberry (or strawberry banana or raspberry) gelatin
1 (1 1/3 ounce) box sugar-free COOK & SERVE vanilla pudding mix (NOT INSTANT)
2 cups water

Light Cool Whip

Preparation
1. Mix together the water and sugar-free pudding mix.
2. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
3. Remove from the heat and mix in the jello powder with whisk.
4. Place the strawberries in a pie pan.
5. Cool the pudding/gelatin mixture, then pour over the strawberries and chill for at least an hour (or until set) before serving.
6. Top your slice with 3 TBSP light cool whip (calories included in count) and enjoy!

Replies

• JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Sounds deliclous!!!
  • SilentJo
    SilentJo Posts: 66
    Options
    Sounds good, I'll have to pick those up next time I'm at the store and try this, my husband loves strawberry and we could use a change in dessert :) Thanks for sharing!

jo
  • BGLaffoon
    Options
    I will have to try with the pudding mix. If you can't live without the crust, here is a recipe I have been using.

3 cups strawberries
    9 sheets fillo dough
    2 tbsp corn starch
    1 1/4 cup water
    1 small box strawberry sugar free jello.

Spray fillo sheet with "I can't believe it's not butter" spray. Fold each fillo sheet 1/3 way down, then again 1/3, making sheet 3 layers thick. Cut in half, and stack halves. You will have something close to a square, 6 layers thick. Spray muffin pan with pam. Put stack of fillo dough in muffin tin. I set one of the silicone muffin holders on top of the fillo dough to keep it from creating air bubbles as it bakes. Repeat process for 8 remaining sheets. Bake pie crusts at 375 for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.

Mix water & corn starch. Mixture will be milky looking. Heat to boil, stirring constantly. Heat until mixture becomes clear and glossy. Remove from heat and add jello. Sir well.

Divide strawberries into 9 pie crusts. Spoon jello mixture over strawberries. Set in refrigerator 30 minutres or until set. Each pie has only 52 calories. Add 2 tbsp fat free reddi whip. A real strawberry pie, crust and all for under 60 calories.

The only bad thing about fillo dough is that tends to collect moisture. So after a day in the refrigerator, the crust is no longer light and flakey but looks like a wet paper towel. I make the crusts and put them in an airtight container and leave un-refrigerated. I put the strawberries and jello in muffin tins and leave them in the refrigerator. You can assemble each pie whenever you want a snack, or desert.
  • taramarie123
    taramarie123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds great thank you!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    yummy! thanks :)
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Just in time for Easter ~ gonna try this next weekend. Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • hsnbro
    hsnbro Posts: 55
    Options
    yummy!
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump! ill be making this for my husband when he gets back! he loves strawberries!!
  • pollypocket27
    Options
    This sounds yummy!! Can't wait to try it. (:
  • taramarie123
    taramarie123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    yum for later
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump for later. Tks for sharing
  • vittix
    vittix Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Your crusted strawberry pie sounds good....got any info on calories???
  • BGLaffoon
    Options

Depends on how many strawberries you can pack into the shell, but they average around 52-55 calories per pie. Add 2 tbsp fat free Reddi Whip, they are around 60 calories.
  • ktbazzy
    ktbazzy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later! Sounds good!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options

They were listed with the recipe :)

8 slices, 1 slice per serving:
    92 calories, carbs: 17 Fat: 2 Protein:1 Sodium: 162 Cholesterol: 0
  • kbugsmeemaw
    kbugsmeemaw Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump