chafed skin from running-help!

Options
I have been running for a few months now and I still get really bad chafed skin and it hurts like hell! Under my breasts (really bad) and on my back, so I try putting bandaids on and it doesn't help, I also have that chafing roll-on and it doesn't help. Does anyone have any ideas? Today I ran 8 miles and I started feeling it at the end of my run and there was nothing I could do.:cry:
Please help...
:heart: ang

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Here is the women version, don't really know the difference but I use the regular and it has help alot...

http://www.amazon.com/Bodyglide-For-Her-Anti-Chafe-Balm/dp/B0031Y4TRW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1333323394&sr=8-3
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You should start putting on Lanacane Anti-Chaffing on beforehand. I also put it on whenever the damage has already been done. Baby powder helps, too. Also have had this suggested to me: diaper rash stuff for babies. It helps if you have bad chaffing, so it should help with already chaffed skin.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if you have none of that, but have cornstarch on hand, that can also be used. Hope this helps. I suffer from chaffing all the time, just from walking everywhere and whatnot.
  • xxnessa88
    Options
    baby powder! the talc helps obsorb the sweat so when the skin rubs together its not as bad
    i use it on my thighs when i wear a dress and it really helps
    if youre nevous about the white or the smell of the powder you can even try using a powder foundation swipe it under your breasts before you put on your bra and then reapply a little bit in case the bra took it off. the talc in the makeup works the same way, minus the white annoying powder and the strong smell of baby powder

to fix the chafe you already have, swipe witch hazel over it with a cotton ball, you can get it at any drug store, smells like crap but its really great for itches, bites and stings. I use it for razor burn and after waxing
    anyways, swipe that and then apply a cortizone ointment
  • geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You can buy bodyglide at most sporting stores! Just like a deodorant stick.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide works wonders. Put in under your boobies and off you go.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    First make sure your clothing fits well, and the synthetic stuff seems better for chafing issues than the cotton blends. Second, I have had huge success with Trislide, it's a silicon based spray lubricant that is used by triatheltes which means it's not likely to get sweated or smeared off. Good luck!