Week 2 of healthy eating...My first exercise tomorow, Wish m

Options
Hi everyone

I have been trying to eat more healthy for the past two week (slipped today with a BBQ though). Now comes the hard part?

Tomorrow I have decided to start adding the exercise. My chosen weapon is the push bike. I have mapped out a 5 mile trek, this includes ups downs and flats.

I have not done any physical exercise in at least 5 years (I am 25, bad aint it?)
I hope it goes well. I'm not sure if this is too bigger task to start with but will see.

Wish me luck! Cheers

Replies

• amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Good luck - you can do it!!!
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I hadnt worked out for about the same amount of time before I got my bike and started riding.

Just keep telling yourself: wow this is so amazing, this feels great, I am so glad I did this, I can do this etc... and you will get through!

I did my first ride 5 miles at 308 LBS and pulling two kids in a trailer. It was about 8 MPH and it wasnt pretty but I did it!!

BEAT IT!

I was so proud of myself and I instantly fell in love with biking! Now I do 12 miles 3 days a week in an hour! Not tooting my own horn just saying YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU WILL BE GREAT!!!! :happy:
  • nyawton
    nyawton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply :) I will certainly try my best. Just been trying to find out what the best food would be to eat afterwards. I understand things with simple sugars and protein would be good? There is so much to learn!!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Good luck! The important thing is that your ready and willing to give it a go. :) Don't beat yourself up about bad foods every once in a while. We need that kind of stuff sometimes.
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply :) I will certainly try my best. Just been trying to find out what the best food would be to eat afterwards. I understand things with simple sugars and protein would be good? There is so much to learn!!

Yes protein is a great tool. Really great after a lift sesion (weights) because it helps your muscles recover faster. Will do the same thing for you after a run. and WATER WATER WATER WATER WATER WATER about that many cups! Our bodys need water so it is essential part of our intake!
  • nyawton
    nyawton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well it took me a few hours to motivate my self..Fiddle with the bike over and over, but eventually went out! Although I fell way short of the 5 mile rout id planned. Unfortunately after 1 mile I was done. Quite honestly came close to being sick, so thought it was wise to call it quits for today. But overall I feel better for at least starting, and I know it will just be a matter of time and effort to build up some fitness again. My muscles were fine, it was my lack of breath that ended it. Oh well lets try again Tomorrow!! :)