Was that me??

Options
Ok, Ok, time to toot my own horn, an added habit I'm working on. Just before stepping into the shower I caught a glimpse of something in the full length mirror on the door. The person in the mirror had a slightly different shape than I recall the last time I paid attention. Friends and family have said they see a difference, but I thought that was their way of saying keep up the good work. Still a long long ways to go, but it's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel =)

Replies

• Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Nice good job.. Keep up the good work, the more positive changes you see the better you will feel...
  • lovebeinGIGI
    lovebeinGIGI Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!! It takes time to change the way we think of ourselves in the mirror! For the longest time, I continued to see the "fat" girl in the mirror no matter what. With this slow loss, it's given me the chance to get use to the smaller "me" slowly and not see that fat girl anymore. Still an adjustment when I've spent half my life overweight.
    Best of luck to you!!
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    thats great! i havent hit that point yet...i know im lighter because my clothes are loose and the scale says so, but i havent actually been able to see the change for myself yet. i look forward to that point!! so congrats :)
  • ShirleyAnn7839
    Options
    Understand what you are saying. My family and friends have been telling me that also, but I just could'nt see. Even when my clothes started getting big on me I still could see a difference. But around 30 pounds down I went into Walmarts restroom and as I past the mirror I noticed for the first time. I was so excited. I know, I know it's a little silly, but a victory is a victory.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one, It was such a good feeling! MFP Peeps Rock!!!