Can't stay within the limit

Options
I have a problem, well actually I have couple of them. First of all I can't stay within the limit of protein -that is number 1, then i can't stay within sugar limit i am always way over and today i was 33 calories over my calories limit

I am suppose to eat 1310 cal/day and my biggest problem is i don't feel like i am overeating,
My menu as follows
Breakfast
1 cup of egg whites with 2 oz mozzarella cheese shredded part skim low moisture
apple
Snack
1 Tbsp. of peanut butter
Lunch
fat free activia yogurt with handful of cheerios
dinner
10 oz of turkey ground on the grill with non fat spray
salad plain lettuce, tomato +cucumber

I exercise 3 times per week
I don't eat bread and trying to cut carbs but while trying to cut them i overeat protein
Can anyone help me with my routine? what should i eat so i don't go over protein, but i don't want bread it makes me gain weight

Thank you

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Add some fat to your eating plan. Helps to keep you full and satisfied.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    33 calories isn't something I would worry about, you probably burn that off with some activity you don't log during the day.

I'm not sure how much you're over on your protein, but if you want to reduce it, cut the egg whites in half.

You don't have to be too concerned about the fruit sugars as long as you're eating the fruit, and not getting those sugars from just juice. Try to find a yogurt without a lot of added sugar.

Your body needs carbs for energy. I would add in a slice or two of whole grain bread.
  • bagaydina
    Options
    Thanks for the answer, I went over my protein by 49 grams i just like meat it's the only thing keeps me full
    What should i eat for breakfast egg whites keep me satisfied

I started may 20 2009 i was 226
    now i am 212 as of last week i didn't weight in this week yet
    2 inches off the waist and 2 off the hips is it good results at least?
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I saw nearly no fruits or vegetables, cheese, meat, yogurt, egg whites are all protein. try dropping some protein adding some green veges, berries, fiber! all protein and no fiber, or veges, you will be constipated soon and carrying around pounds of unpassed waste in your colon. that is what I would do..
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    MFP sets the protein level pretty low as a default, but you can custom set your goals for carb-fat-protein ratio you need. Plus, if your sugars are coming from fruits and milk and not junk food, I wouldn't worry too much about that unless you are diabetic. There are a couple of threads about sugar you could read to get more info.
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    Change your MFP goals in your profile to 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. I would also recommend cardio every day so that you can have more calories.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I start the day with one cup of 0% greek yogurt,plain, and one cup of berries stirred together, this is a 2 cup portion. no sugar! the yogurt gives me 20 grams of protein, no fat and depending on what type of berries the meal is 179 to 203 calories. I am not hungry till lunch time honestly. you get antioxidants from the berries and one serving of the five fruits and veges for the day.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You can change your goal to suit your needs. For your body weight you need at a minimum 78g of protein (you need at least 0.8g per kg of body weight) I shoot for around 25%.

33 calories isn't gonna make that much of a difference especially if you are doing 2 pounds per week which it sounds like you are. You are still in a deficit even if you go 200-300 over you just wont lose the two pounds it maybe 1.5 pounds instead.:flowerforyou:

Also if you're doing low carbs you're gonna have to eat a lot more protein or a lot more fat. it's better to do both. The Low carbers may can help you find a good goal.
    Thanks for the answer, I went over my protein by 49 grams i just like meat it's the only thing keeps me full
    What should i eat for breakfast egg whites keep me satisfied

I started may 20 2009 i was 226
    now i am 212 as of last week i didn't weight in this week yet
    2 inches off the waist and 2 off the hips is it good results at least?
  • PinkDog
    PinkDog Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    1310 calories seems like starvation. Are you sure that is right?
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/60768-eat-more-fat

If protein keeps you full, then adding some fat will keep you fuller on less food and therefore, less calories.
  • bagaydina
    Options
    Well yes, I think it's right. I don't count the exercise to lose more
  • bagaydina
    Options
    what kind of fat?
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    is 1310 how many calories you're alotted for a loss of 2lbs a week? if it is maybe you shoud reduce your weight loss goal to 1.5 or 1lb then decrease your calories when you hit a plateau..

but i think your proportions are off, either your actually eating that much in one sitting (the 10oz of meat or 1 cup of egg whites) or you are measuring wrong. a serving of egg whites is 1/4cup uncooked and a serving of meat is 3-4 oz. if you eat the serving of these things then you will have calories left over for an extra meal or more. and if you schedule permits it you should consider eating more than 3 meals a day. but if thats not possible incorporate more food instead of larger servings of a single thing in one meal.

i dont think that you should worry about up to 100 calories every once and a while..like weekly or every other week...
    and
    i dont think you should worry about going over on protein or fiber at all
    watch salt sugar and carbs instead
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Well yes, I think it's right. I don't count the exercise to lose more

You should eat your exercise calories, you will still have your deficit to lose weight but will have the nutrients you need to be healthy. Read the sticky posts at the top of this forum to get all of the technical details.
  • Tinker73
    Tinker73 Posts: 45
    Options
    here is a link for you for all the questions you have about protein in a diet
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/high-protein-diet-for-weight-loss
  • czewwhat
    Options
    1310 calories seems like starvation. Are you sure that is right?

I am allotted only 1220 per day for a 1 pound loss. it depends how tall and bone structure too. And how much weight you have to lose.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    what kind of fat?

Full fat cheese, full fat yogurt, olive oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, butter, I posted the link for reading for suggestions............
  • awinmac
    awinmac Posts: 30
    Options
    What kind of fat?
    I would stay away from any full fat cheese or yogurt.
    Try:
    Peanut Butter (all natural) or other nut butter, raw nuts, sunflower seeds, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, grape seed oil, borage oil, primrose oil, avocado.
    Check out this book from your local library "The Natural Makeover Diet" by Dr. Joey Shulman it's about how to eat to reduce your bodys acidity and keep your blood sugar level throughout the day. It may be helpful.
    Good Luck
    -Amber
  • Shelley130
    Shelley130 Posts: 142
    Options
    Where are your vegetables?!? Lose the peanut butter and add in some broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, spinach.... Also Activia is full of sugar, my mother is type 2 diabetic and her doctor said don't go near that stuff. A balanced diet is always best; carbs, protein, fat, each one is an important part of a healthy diet.
  • Kristi82
    Kristi82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree with Amber and Shelley.