Need help - getting very frustrated

Options
CMXL
CMXL Posts: 54 Member
So here is the deal. I burn on an average 350-500 calories per day on exercise. I do a combination of strength (with a personal trainer) and cardio. On L2D8 on 30DS. I don't even take rest days. And I am fairly active on a daily basis. On an average, fitbit adds 200-300 calories per day as burn. So why is not showing on my body? This feels like a losing battle to me. My diary is public and I eat healthy, vegetarian, no cravings for sweet or sugar or fried foods. Just recently (as of last week), I have started to up my calories a bit but still don't make the net calories of 1200. I am very inspired by all the success stories but getting very frustrated with my progress.

Should I just give up expecting any results and just continue working out? I won't quit exercising because I have really grown used to it, like it and feel more energized. Any help or suggestions or just support will be much appreciated.

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    but still don't make the net calories of 1200. I am very inspired by all the success stories but getting very frustrated with my progress.

This is your problem.
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Do you know what your basal metabolic rate is? With this information we can give you some more advice but undoubtedly, you aren't eating enough. Ideally you want to lose fat, not muscle but on a deficit diet you will lose both. And being on an extreme deficit, you make the situation even worse. Weight loss should be a slow journey so that you can maintain it. Rather than having your calories at 1200, try setting them 10-15% below you TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and increase your protein (something which you'll really have to work at as a vegetarian). Yes your weight loss will be slower, but ideally this will be because you're proportionally losing more fat than muscle, and the more muscle you retain, the higher your basal metabolic rate is.
  • CMXL
    CMXL Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. Here are my details. I used the Fat to Fit website to calculate my current and goal weight BMR and TDEE. Here are my details.

Height: 5'2"
    CW: 139-141 (started out at 144)
    BF: 37.6%

Current: BMR: 1224 (MFP has given me 1200)

Suggested calories for GW

Moderately Active: 1910

I have moved slowly from being very under my BMR to now just between 1200 and 1400. I have never had eating disorders or anything but have just always been a poor eater. With my high levels of exercise burn (with Fitbit, I am realizing that I am even more active than what I thought I was), it is becoming harder and harder to net 1200. The day I ate over 1400 calories, I felt like throwing up because I am not used to stuff myself.

Re. protein, I have started taking Whey supplement, not every day but at least three or four days a week.

I really enjoy exercising and staying active, so no danger of quitting working out. But, it is just very frustrating not to see any progress after weeks. How long should I give/wait for my metabolism to get used to eating more? It has only been ten days or so since I started eating a little more. Till then, I was netting negative or very low calories.

Thanks!