t-bone steak??

Options
Trying to figure out how many calories for a basic t-bone steak, i cut it from the bone znd weighed 5lbs

Replies

• almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    4oz is around 224 cals, 10g fat and around 30g protein
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You really should weigh the individual parts separately. A t-bone is made up of a NY Strip and the other smaller piece is the filet. We have started eating filet recently, we would never have considered filet while dining out due to its high price. Being able to get filet on sale makes for some great high protein meals, just need to keep the size of the serving in check.
  • gerrygodin
    Options
    So 5lbs of it would be 4,480 calories? 200 grams of fat and 600 grams of protein...wow thats just crazy think i better eliminate this from my diet thx fo responding
  • gerrygodin
    Options
    Taziarj, great tip thx
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Who the heck eats 5 pounds of steak?
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    So 5lbs of it would be 4,480 calories? 200 grams of fat and 600 grams of protein...wow thats just crazy think i better eliminate this from my diet thx fo responding

maybe dont eat the whole 5lbs at once??????
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    beast!
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options

Oh, there are days I definitely could!!
  • aliric
    aliric Posts: 69
    Options
    Umm 5 lbs. is more like a roast. Are you sure it didn't say 5 ounces.??? That would be one honken of a steak..lol
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options

ME TOO!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

ME TOO!!
    I stand corrected.

Still, I've never seen a single steak anywhere near 5 pounds. That seems unreasonable.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Err isn't the 5lbs thing one of those challenges are redneck restaurants?
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I would think that eating 5lbs of anything in one sitting would be a little overboard. Steak of any type can be a great part of your nutrition plan. Just keep the serving size reasonable. 5lbs is definitly overdoing it, as would be 16oz. Aim for 4-6oz and fit it in to your daily targets. The problem is that it is not easy to get a t-bone steak that is 4-6oz just because of the type of cut, they usually start out at 10-12oz minimum.
  • gerrygodin
    Options
    I must be weighing this wrong as it didnt look like alot...omg just looking at this food scale and totally read it wrong lmao it is 5ounces wonderes looking at how it could be so much! My scale only goes to 2lbs 4oz you guys must think im a pig
  • gerrygodin
    Options
    Omg laughing so hard:laugh:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Omg laughing so hard:laugh:

Thought you were my teenage son there for a minute!
  • gerrygodin
    Options
    Hahahzha
  • elevatorguy925
    Options
    I was about to refer you to my Cardiologist.. :tongue: 5oz much better, lol
  • gerrygodin
    Options
    oh too funny
  • aliric
    aliric Posts: 69
    Options
    LOL...To funny!!!! And if you want to know the correct calories, protein and sodium just go into your diary and click on database. There you can put in just about anything and it will give you that info. Good Luck :))))