JUICING!!! Recipes???

Options
I have decided to enter the wide world of juicing. Just wondering if there is anyone out there doing the same...if you have any juice recipes to share or great websites to check out.

I have been doing a lot of research and the benefits are amazing...great way to assure I get in all my veg and fruit servings.

Please share your knowledge...thanks!

Replies

• fordguy74
    fordguy74 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't have a juicer,but i blend raw spinach,apples,and strawberries together. It sounds gross but it's not too bad. Oh and i throw a little honey in too.
  • Lorlei25
    Lorlei25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am debating a juicer too, but the fiber is so important! I make a similar smoothie to fordguy74 except I use spinach, fresh pineapple and strawberries and a handful of ice....pretty darn good and filling!
  • KimoMFP
    KimoMFP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Kale, Carrots, an Apple and a sliver sized piece of Ginger. It tastes better than it sounds and looks.. ;-)
  • Running4Two
    Running4Two Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    MMMM both sound good! Thanks for sharing...I think I have all those things on hand too.

I am planning on juicing for breakfast or lunch but sticking to whole foods for my other meals/snacks - I don't want to "cleanse" I just want to reap the benefits of squeezing all my fruits and veg in one meal...no pun intended! Haha

Thanks for sharing!!
  • Running4Two
    Running4Two Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Okay! I am going to spend the morning in the produce section for sure with all these suggestions!!
  • KimoMFP
    KimoMFP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • bhall33
    bhall33 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I juice every day, usually make myself 3 glasses so I have enough throughout the day.

and I mix various combinations of the following, doesn't matter what I put in there, I just make sure to put 1 full apple and 1/2 lemon into whatever you I mix and it makes it taste absolutely amazing.

Carrots
    Celery
    Cucumber
    Lettuce
    Kale
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Asparagus
    Beets
    Green Pepper
    Ginger

There is plenty more you can juice, but these are my go to's
  • Cheri_Alexander
    Cheri_Alexander Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I made a great one today, my two year old loved it.
    2 handfuls spinach
    2 med carrots
    5ish small broccoli florets
    one green apple
    1/4 gala apple (I ate the rest, lol)
    1/4 honeydew melon
    Around 2 cups pineapple (I used the tough middle part, a leftover grilled slice and a few extra chunks)
  • mrswinstead
    Options
    Kale, Carrots, an Apple and a sliver sized piece of Ginger. It tastes better than it sounds and looks.. ;-)

One of my favorites. I have also substituted the Carrots with Beets. They are just a little more time consuming when cleaning. I love juicing!!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

tried that one...yuck!