Swimsuit suggestions

Options
With summer looming around the corner, I am looking for a flattering swimsuit.
Ideally I was hoping to lose weight before the summer but due to illness I was unable to reach my goal!
I need a swimsuit that is flattering on muffin tops and heavier thighs! If that is even possible:sad:
I don't like the swimsuits with the skirts on them. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I am 5'4" and 144 lbs if that helps.

Replies

• momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well, 144 is in the normal range for 5'4. It is actually my goal weight for same height.

But your body type can affect how you look in different clothes. Here is a very useful site for figuring out your body type and what styles are most flattering. Check it out!

http://www.shopyourshape.com/body-shapes.html
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    I just bought a tankini and I love it, it covers my tummy, and has a halterneck and tie-sides on the briefs so I can tighten it when I lose some weight :) it doesn't minimise my thunderthighs much (nothing will except losing weight!) but on the beach this summer I will probably cover up with shorts anyway.

Good luck!
  • misty2ann
    misty2ann Posts: 127
    Options
    I never like myself in swimming suits because my weight is mainly in my middle. I did, however, ordered 2..yes 2! swimming suits from walmart.com and I LOVE them! They are retro style one pieces. I got the poka dot one and loved it so much that I ordered a red one in the next size down so that I have it as I lose the weight. I think you would like them. Check them out and good luck!
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Google Jantzen Maillot. It's a little vampy and retro. Super flattering. I have been 50 lbs thinner than I am now... but even 50 lbs heavier, I feel sexier in this suit than any other I have ever owned. I have one in red and black...
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Make sure the one you go for isn't too tight, that's the main reason for muffin tops... Too small a size will make you look bigger than you really are, a size up can be much more flattering :smile:
  • rquamme
    rquamme Posts: 5
    Options
    I don't know what to say about thighs...but if you're looking for a stylish swimsuit to help with a little pudge, I would suggest a monokini. I just ordered a new one myself :)
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I love my Miraclesuit. I've pretty much gotten over my big thighs and just live with them, so I stopped getting suits with the skirts.
    Miraclesuits are expensive but you can at times get a great deal at the end of the season. I bought one last year that was too tight (at a fabulous price of $19.00) so that I could wear it this year.
  • jailee813
    jailee813 Posts: 29
    Options
    I LOVE the retro look that is in right now and Modcloth.com has some of the cutest I've seen around. I'm 5'8" and 150lbs and I carry most of my weight around my thighs and butt and the bathing beauty swimsuit they sell was SUPER flattering and VERY cute! I got one in green and I figure if Marylin Monroe can rock it, it has to be wonderfully sexy AND classy :-)

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/swimwear
    http://curiousphotos.blogspot.com/2010/07/retro-marilyn-monroe-in-swimsuit.html