speghetti squash?

Options
misty2ann
misty2ann Posts: 127
I am ashamed to say that I have never cooked a speghetti squash. Do you bake it? Cut it in half? Eat the middle? Add it to something? I am curious about it...help?

Replies

• getfitmandi
    getfitmandi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • paula6429
    Options
    It's pretty easy to cook. Cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and pulp in the middle(it's similar to cleaning a pumpkin). You can cook them in a steamer face down for approx 20 min, depending on the size, or bake it in the oven at 375 for approx 30 minutes. When cooked,hold it with a potholder (it's very hot) just scrape the inside with a fork and the strand like meat just comes right out. it's similar to spaghetti cooked "aldente".
  • sar04tamu
    sar04tamu Posts: 27
    Options
    I cut it in half from stem to opposite end. (Make sure you have a very strong, sharp knife.) Scrape out and discard the seeds in the middle. Put about an inch of water in a microwave safe dish and put half of the squash in cut-side down. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave for 8-20 min, depending on your microwave and the size of the squash. When it's done, the inside should shred very easily with a fork. You can serve it with spaghetti sauce or olive oil , salt, and pepper, or anything else.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite dinner right now! I make a tomato sauce loaded with zucchini, mushrooms, onions, garlic, spinach, and some ground spiced wild hog. Yummy
  • misty2ann
    misty2ann Posts: 127
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I am going to try it this week and see how the fam likes it as well!
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I learned a new way to cook one cut one in half in the middle NOT top to bottom, scoop out seeds place 1/2 cup water in the cavity(you can slice a thin layer to make it sit even) place the top back on. Place in a microwave container thats very close to its size and cook it depending on size 5-10 min. Very good, it will be hot whan it comes out so be careful I let mine sit a few. Also if its hard to cut in half you can microwave it a min to soften it.
  • Maxibris
    Maxibris Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Stab it a few times, throw it in the microwave for 20 minutes, take it out and let it cool for a few minutes. Cut it in half top to bottom, then scoop out the seeds. Finally, scrape the "meat" with a fork and add some spaghetti sauce. Done.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Yumm now I want some spaghetti squash!!
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    it was very good lol