Kettlebell Challenge - 30 Days

Options
This is to everyone who like myself is looking for a challenege. I bought the Kettleworx program a few months ago and I have yet to stick with it. My goal is to use the kettlebells for a minimum of 3 days per week, with a weigh in every monday. My goal is to lose 15 pounds. I know it's a lot but I think I'm up for the challenge. Anyone want to join me?

Please enter the following information which will be re-entered every Monday.

Week 1 - CW 202/ SW 202/ GW 187

I look forward to seeing how everyone does!

Replies

• april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Ya know, what... I think I am up for it. I posted something last month about Kettlebells and asked if anyone knew what type of exercise it was. I absolutely love them, though and I think I would be up for this. I think I can do 3 days also... I am currently doing the Wii Advance 30 day challenge but, I could probably fit the kettlebells in there also. I do Michelle Khai's program with the 4 lb. bell and if I get really ambitious I switch to the 8 lb. It kicks butt, though. I will have to check the Kettleworx on line and see what it is all about.

Week 1 CW 168.6/SW (what does this stand for?)/GW 135
  • jvollmer
    jvollmer Posts: 18
    Options
    SW stands for starting weight.

CW-Current Weight
    GW - Goal Weight
  • april_mesk
    Options
    duh, sorry, okay:

CW- 168.6/SW- 169.4/GW-135

GW is my ultimate goal weight but, I will hope for 5 lbs. this month.
    I have been losing slower since I lost a bit prior to starting this site.

This will help motivate me - good luck!
  • jvollmer
    Options
    Thanks, you too!
  • jvollmer
    Options
    Hey April, I wanted to see how things are going? I haven't done a workout with my kettlebells yet this week...but tonight is the night!
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Hi there! I have actually done one so far.. I plan on doing one in morning tomorrow and another on Sunday or maybe Monday morning before I go to work. I do AE Active as well, so it ends up being about a 1/2 hour of AE and 1/2 of Kbells. I wasn't on last night but, I am hoping you did your kbells! If you didn't no worries, but I am curious how you like them if you did... :happy:
  • jvollmer
    Options
    Week 1 - Weigh In

CW 199/SW 202/GW 187/ Pounds lost 3
    Kettlebells - I worked out once, however I went swimming 3 times and burned a lot of calories.

My diet was pretty much shot over the weekend. We had a baby shower to go to, then it was the acadien birthday (my bf is acadien) so there was drinking and a whole lot of eating...

How did you do?
  • april_mesk
    Options
    CW 167/SW 169.4/GW 135/ Lost 2.4

Kettlebells did twice. However, I may do them once more tonight. I did do my AE Active 5x this week.

Yeah, I ate a lot of calories this weekend as well. Went to a Pig Roast - lot of drinking and we are now facing a heat wave that just makes me feel like I have gained weight with the humidity. I weigh in at WW on Wednesday so, we will see how that goes compared to last week.

I think this week will be better. It just seems like lately I have so many eating/drinking events planned. I think once August is done, it will be better but, I am still not going to use this as an excuse.

How did you like the Kettleworx? I have checked it out online and am considering getting this program. I am so used to the one I have now, but this guy has tons of different work outs and only 20 minutes 3x a week. That's nice. Good luck with this week - Maybe we can both hit at least 3... I think we can!
  • jvollmer
    Options
    We're having a heat wave here too....normally it would cause me to eat less but the ice cream is just too tempting! And a cold beer...well don't get me started....

I love the kettleworx program. It's a great workout in a minimum amount of time.

My bf and I are actually going to a martial arts place for a 45 min kettlebell workout on friday...it'll definitely be different with an instructor right in front of you....

I definitely hope I hit at least 3 this week.....however I seem to be swimming every day so at least I'm getting a workout in!

Good luck with everything.

BTW...it's really nice to have someone to talk with about working out/ eating/ etc....I really haven't met anyone on here. So thanks!
  • april_mesk
    Options
    It's great that your bf and yourself can go to this class together. My husband doesn't really work out. He is in great shape, but is naturally this way (lucky). Anyway, I do the AE Active and the Kettlebells but, really am considering buying the Kettleworx program. The Kettlebell program I have there is only one dvd that is 30 mins and the rest are long and I am kind of sick of them. The Kettleworx looks like it would keep you entertained - seems like there are many different workouts. I like to change my routine up here and there.

It is very nice to talk to someone. I haven't met anyone either. Well a couple of people but, haven't had lengthy conversations. It's a great site, though. It really keeps me motivated and I was thinking of doing my workouts all week - which I did - but it keeps me pretty true to myself - I like that!

Good luck to you also! Have fun at the class on Friday :happy:
  • jvollmer
    Options
    Week 2
    CW 199/SW 202/GW 187/ Pounds lost 3

So my CW isn't exact because I really didn't watch what I ate this weekend....it's probably higher. Friday I did 45 of kettlebells and then couldn't walk all weekend. I'm still sore! The instructor was crazy hard. Again I swam everyday....which is so nice.

How was your week?
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Week 2
    CW 165/SW 169.4/GW 135/ Pounds lost 2 (only 10 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight!)

My current weight may not be accurate either. I usually weigh in on Wed. afternoons so, I usually don't put my check in weight on my ticker until Wed. At least we both know we are headed in the right direction, though! I was really bad with my activity this week. I did a lot of gardening which made me sore. I did one session of my AE Active and really didn't do my Kbells. I am going to do them tonight, though, so I guess you could say one time. I am really upset with myself that I didn't manage to get in more workouts this week. I am usually pretty faithful with at least four times a week. This week I will promise to get in 3x with those kbells. I think I need to change my workout times for the fall. I think I need to do this first thing in the morning to get it out of the way. I am getting too tired doing it at night.

I would love to swim, but can't stand to see myself in any kind of bathing suit yet around people. Do you have a swimming pool? Good luck with this week...
  • jvollmer
    Options
    Week 3
    CW 203/SW 202/GW 187/ Pounds lost -1

So I was able to get all three kettlebell workouts done last week....unfortunately my eating was AWFUL! I can't wait for summer to be over.....that way I can get back into a routine...too many visits to the patio...lol..

I'm pretty sure though my weight only went up as much as it did is because "mother nature" will be making a visit in the next few days.

Yes I do have an indoor pool in my apartment building, which has been fantastic...

How are you?
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Week 3
    CW 166/SW 169.4/GW 135/ Pounds (gained 1lb this week) total loss = 3.4)

I am in the same boat I guess! It's pretty bad because I binged hard yesterday but, I also worked out so hopefully, by Wednesday, I will show a loss. I did do 3 days of KB and 4 days of AE Active (which is tough). Anyhow, yeah, I gained! Yet, last week I lost and didn't work out as much - kills me how this weight loss thing works sometimes. My sodium was up more than it should have been on one day. It's alright, it's just part of the process I guess. I always gain during that time...

You are very fortunate to have a pool right near you. I would love that.

This is just a minor setback for the both of us and we will continue on... there will always be bumps in the road. I do feel so much better than I ever have and people compliment me daily. It's very motivating. Soon I will fit into a size 12 - which is a small goal for now. Maybe in a few weeks.
    Good luck!
  • jvollmer
    Options
    Hey....sorry it's been too long since I last wrote. I went on vacation and now that I'm back I'm working two jobs....it's just been crazy. I haven't lost anything, in fact I'm pretty sure I've gone up a few pounds...HOWEVER....I have been doing kettlebells 2...sometimes 3 times per week. My bf and I do it together. I would like to get up to 4 times per week....but we'll see.

How are things with you?
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Hi there! I was wondering how you were doing. Work has been nuts with me too and the baby has been sick so, it's been tough for me. I am hoping to see a difference when I weigh in tonight. I feel a difference but I haven't lost either - pretty much stayed the same. I have been doing a 30 day challenge -daily shred. It's with Jillian Michaels - extremely tough for me anyways... I can join along with this one as well, though. I will try and do 3 days a week!.