your FAVORITE healthy dessert recipe?

Options
lizzynewm
lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
hey guys! i'm new here. anyway, i am so plagued by my ridiculous sweet tooth. i'm even just drawn to the act of baking itself. i need some pretty guilt-free dessert recipes to add to my repertoire... and i see so many on the internet, but i don't know how many of them are actually delicious, nor do i have the time to go through each and every one that looks enticing! so, i'm going to trust you fellow clean eaters - what is your absolute favorite healthy dessert recipe? :heart:

Replies

• Aliciah130
    Options
    Homemade fruit n yogurt parfait with homemade granola clusters :p delicious!!!! Or smoothies :) yummm n just about any "bakery item u make.......I believe it's the butter/oil or milk (ud have to look it up lol) u can sub in sugar free applesauce n it doesn't change the taste :)
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I loooove Fruitfull's Coconut bars

Vanilla Greek yogurt + sliced almonds + strawberries + unsweetened coconut flakes is amazing, too!
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Banana icecream. Peel, cut into chunks, and freeze bananas. Blend them with 1 tbsp nonfat yoghurt per large banana. That's it! Now you have smooth, creamy, sweet icecream!

You can vary it by adding other fruit (berries, mango, whatever you like) or some ground almonds or chopped walnuts or cocoa.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Homemade fruit n yogurt parfait with homemade granola clusters :p delicious!!!! Or smoothies :) yummm n just about any "bakery item u make.......I believe it's the butter/oil or milk (ud have to look it up lol) u can sub in sugar free applesauce n it doesn't change the taste :)
    Yes, you can substitute equal amount of unsweetened applesauce for the oil Turns out moist and delicious and tasting a little like applesauce. :laugh:
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    homemade ice cream or my protein "pudding"
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I love berries with real whipped cream, make it with your sweetener of choice. Also, orange segments dipped in melted dark chocolate. Greek yogurt with honey & walnuts.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    homemade ice cream or my protein "pudding"

this sounds great!
  • Aliciah130
    Options
    Lol I knew it was one of them :) I honestly never noticed it tasting like applesauce but then again I usually never eat enough of it to really tell :) can't u also use like diet soda?
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ooh thanks guys! bumping for dessert justice
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I like to mix up sugar free pudding and then dip in graham crackers. Or even put graham cracker pieces in the pudding to soften up.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just made an angle food cake yesterday.....about 150 calories per slice.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, banana, choc smoothies

one banana
    1.5-2 tbsp pb
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    half cup of soymilk or greek yogurt if you like it thicker
    few cubes of ice

Blend it all up and enjoy...yum yum!
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I just made one of the choc/banana/pb smoothies the other day. DELICIOUS. I also made the Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie from Chocolate Covered Katie and it was GOOD. I subbed full-fat peanut butter for the canola oil, and added a lot of vanilla. It is better when it isn't hot, in my opinion.

Chocolate covered strawberries are one of my favorites. They feel so decadent and special-occasion like, but they are pretty healthy!

I make a pretty healthy peach cobbler, too. there is no real recipe... I just make it.