Late night sweet tooth-help!

Options
I have a problem with always craving food, especially sweets late at night. I know it's terrible, I almost ALWAYS have to have something sweet after dinner as well. Any healthy recipes or tricks to break this habit? Add me! I'm also looking for new friends, I'm very new to all this! Bt I'm loving all the support I'm getting from everybody already!

Replies

• fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i have that problem too ... i keep sugar free pudding in the frig ... 60 calories
  • peanutbuttalova
    Options
    I try to keep lots of fresh produce in the fridge and whenever I'm craving a sweet after dinner treat I enjoy this combination:4 oz nonfat plain greek yogurt, cup of berries, 12 raw almonds, 1/4 c grapenuts cereal, drizzled with 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey . So good, but don't overdo it on portion size. Savor the meal and stay mindful of the diverse flavors and textures. Good luck to you all.
  • graebnerkm15
    graebnerkm15 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    For a sweet snack I really like the Quaker sweet rice cakes 90 calorie packs. They're nice and crunchy and have frosting even! The portion size is just right for a snack and if you take the time to eat one at a time instead of a handful at a time they fill you right up.
  • fasolane
    fasolane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dreyer's has these amazing fruit popsicles and they range between 60 and 90 calories per pop. My favorites are pineapple and blueberry acai. They hit the spot after dinner for something sweet and keep me under my calorie goal. Good luck!
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    sugar free popcicle....15 calories
  • droth33
    droth33 Posts: 2
    Options
    Try fruit. Good, sweet, and healthy! Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are good too!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Have a sweet juicy crisp apple....so yummy!!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    If you get a craving, brush your teeth. Works for me.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    blackberries with strawberris and ff cool whip. like totally filling and only around 110 cals for a huge bowl. lots of fiber too! or ff popcorn the kettle corn is the bomb! we usually have that nightly and half a bag fills me up. just save some cals for later. doesnt matter when you eat, that night myth is bogus. just make sure you are under your alloted cals
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 cup of dark hot chocolate from my keurig. Amazing = 60 calories. :) and it's like 8 ounces so it takes up some tummy space and I can sleep!
  • Jojo1859
    Jojo1859 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, pineapples, peaches, any super sweet fruit with just a tsp of honey or milk chocolate drizzled on top :)
  • LauraLouFace
    LauraLouFace Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, and since I'm a chocaholic, I pour myself a shot glass of chocolate chips and make them last as long as possible. This works for me because it makes it feel like more than it is, and I get my chocolate fix. However I've also been known to snack on frozen blueberries or just nice fresh crisp grapes to get that same sweet fix (and with considerably lower calories too).
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    fruit, licorice tea (naturally sweet without any calories), dark chocolate covered almonds

Check to make sure you're not missing something else that's causing a craving. Sometimes being low on liquids can cause a sweet (especially chocolate) craving.
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem every night! The best thing I've found is having 2-3 squares of dark 85% cocoa chocolate - it's got the delicious chocolately taste but its so rich you don't even want to eat the whole thing.
  • cobblejoy
    Options
    Thank you for asking about this. I just started and have the same problem! This is my first time to the message boards. I am blown away by how much weight people are losing and how much support there is here! :smile:
  • Allisonnleigh
    Allisonnleigh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I will definitely try these ideas out! Feel free to add me as well, I keep trying to add people but it only allows me 5 adds every ten min and I need some friends for support!(:
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If you get a craving, brush your teeth. Works for me.

This is the only thing that works for me because I am too lazy to floss and brush again.
  • liammaps
    liammaps Posts: 1
    Options
    Pomegranate green tea (all natural) with real Stevia leaves in the tea bag. You can get decaf if you're worried about it keeping you up. It's naturally SWEET, and the hot water and tea combination kills my craving dead in its tracks. Zero calories, according to my fitness pal bar code scanner. Then, I go to sleep, cause I've also found that I cant go to sleep if I'm craving anything sweet, and my dinner only lasts for about 3 hours, so I really should be going to sleep not much more than 3 hours after eating. The green tea helps me last 4 to 5 hours past dinner time. Btw, I never thought I would like green tea, but I hear it helps burn fat and suppress appetite, so I drink it when it's mixed with natural flavors like blackberry, pom, lemon, and of course it needs Stevia leaves for natural zero Cal sweetness. I don't use the processed Stevia additives, only the leaves themselves.
  • Jules_1111
    Options
    I drink 1 cup of dark hot chocolate from my keurig. Amazing = 60 calories. :) and it's like 8 ounces so it takes up some tummy space and I can sleep!

Yes! I go for that or the Cafe Latte. Itty Bitty Calories, but it works!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Grab a tablespoon and a jar of peanut butter. . . just one scoop! And a cup of milk. . mmmm