1 year

Options
Before and after shots of my one year mark. Then a comment afterwards.
(hope this works...)

this.jpg

2012-04-01-21.15.jpg

I am very lucky to have friends and family that have been supportive and encouraging. Today I heard many times that "I should be proud" of myself. While I am very grateful for the sentiment, I am not proud of myself.

When I look at my before picture, I am disgusted. Not by how large I was, but that I cared so little for myself. I became a burden to myself and my loved ones. So no, I don't feel pride for something I should have been doing the whole time.

But I do feel MUCH more confident and empowered.

I conquered 3 inches from my neck, 6 inches from my thighs, 9.5 inches from my hips, and 13 inches from my waist.
I marched from a size 46 to size 36 pants, and a XXXXL to a XL shirt.
I now have the ability to get through a whole day and even run up the stairs without breaking a sweat.
I overcame 127 pounds so far.

Bring it on!

Replies

• mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Awesome good for you. You should be doing the happy dance whoop whoop !!!!!!!!!
  • mikeandfox
    Options
    Second pic is way too big!
    To see the whole thing, right click and open in new tab.
  • debbond58
    debbond58 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • happy3333
    happy3333 Posts: 50
    Options
    fantastic!

congrads!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    amazing job!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Great job! I think you should be proud too. Everyone makes mistakes, but you didn't let it define you, you fixed a bunch of bad habits to get where you are. Habits are hard to change. I've got old pictures I don't want to show (not necessarily weight, but hair cuts, clothing style etc.) So you moved on... that's hard, and you did great! Lots of people wouldn't have turned it around like you did.
  • Jules_1111
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You did what many people are unable or unwilling to do: change your life for the better.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!! What an inspiration!
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look like a different person. Great job!
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job! I love the terminology you use, and that's how I feel about my journey. I'm never going to be proud of how far I've come when I know I could have been better all along! But I'm going to conquer the next 73 pounds of my journey. 27 of them are already behind me! Excellent job, again! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!