NSV (that some may not consider a victory)

Options
lschuttem
lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
So..I've been using MFP for almost 2 months. and I noticed something tonight...
Tonight I had a big splurge...its that TOM and I ate a bunch of chocolate. I went over on calories, ate crap, yada yada yada..
but I am still kind of happy, because I know that a few months a go, i used to splurge like this a couple times a week, and when I splurged, I REALLY splurged! (i could eat a whole pan of brownies or a whole bag of chocolate easter eggs pretty easily).
Now, my 'splurges' are getting smaller and smaller, and much less frequent! I can satisfy my junk cravings with much less chocolate! hahaha
So I'm happy to know that even though I may have easily gone 500-700 calories over today, it probably wont happen again for a couple weeks, whereas it used to happen every couple of days, and by many many more calories. :D

Replies

• shrinkinglily
    Options
    That's great, when you can really feel your brain changing. I'm with ya on the TOM front and let me say I wish I had chocolate in the house.
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, i have been doing this about 7 months now, and was the same, i find i balance it more and the spurges become less and less, this is the great thing about this site, you learn balance and how to live but do it in a much healthier way. whe i now going to be a bad weekend, i get up and do heaps of excercise and the same the next day. Congrates
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It is a victory!!! It speaks to the changes that you are making and how they are impacting your life!! Keep it up!!!!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    To me, that is one of the best NSV'S you can have! It's the reason most of us are here in the first place! :)
  • jennsteinhauer
    Options
    Every little change is a huge step to your success. Congrats! I have a massive sweet tooth myself, and in the past few months I've noticed I don't even crave chocolate anymore. My weight loss success has overridden my desire for junk food, and I feel much happier snacking on a yogurt cup or a handful of almonds, and surprisingly satisfied. The further you are along in your journey, the less you will want to add the extra calories. Keep up the awesome work!!
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well done. When I first started on MFP I was too scared to have any sugar because I felt like once I had some I would go back to my old ways. After a while I decided to test myself - and found there was no going back. I can have a binge, even just a eat a little something and the next day, the next meal, keep going with my healthy choices BECAUSE that is what I want as opposed to what I think I should want. So, well done, I know how you feel and it is a HUGE NSV. Be proud and keep up the fantastic lifestyle change.
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I think that's a gigantic victory. You're seeing food and eating in a different light and that's no small feat. Congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!