here i go...again

Options
hey guys,

i tried this for a short while about a year ago and then quit working out and eating right and fell back into my spiral of doom lol
basically, i really really really want (& need) to lose weight and be healthy. i think what messes me up is the snacking. i do it a lot. i do fine with regular meals but i always snack, especially at night - so it's a double whammy. anyway, i'm hoping this is the last time i "start" a weight loss journey. i need to stop giving up when i mess up a little. so here i go again. i'm using mfp as a way to not only track what i'm doing but also to connect with people trying to do the same. tomorrow morning will be a start of something that i want to see through til the end.

my problem is that i usually want the quick fix and that obviously doesn't last so i'm going to do this no matter how long it takes. i'm 21, 5'10" and my goal is to lose 100 lbs hopefully within a year (no worries if it takes more time as long as i keep it off). better start now rather than wait and then wish i would've started today.

if any of you have advice/tips/etc. please do share. i know a lot about health, weight loss and fitness, i just need to implement this stuff into my own life. so i need motivation buddies ;) good luck & thanks!

Replies

• applekoko19
    applekoko19 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for your weight-loss :) I think if you plan ahead it will help you so much. Have you decided what sort of healthy eating plan you will follow and if you will exercise??
  • xabcdefgee
    xabcdefgee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    thank you! i haven't really decided on an eating plan but that def. sounds like a good idea considering i get super busy with school and work, etc. as far as exercise - yes, i totally plan on it! i'm gonna try my hardest to fit in as much working out as i can into my schedule. it's gonna be tough now but i graduate mid-may and i should have a bit more time to work out :)
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to add you as a friend and lend support! I'm also trying to lose 100+ pounds and am fairly new to MFP (like 45 days or so).
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Well done for making taking the first step. I've just been on MFP for about a month and definitely intend to keep up a healthy lifestyle from now on.
    Feel free to add me. I only just graduated last year so I know what it's like trying to fit in exercise and eat right. All I can say is that if it really matters to you to be healthy then you WILL find the time. (I tell myself this on busy days when I know I'll just want to get a takeaway and put my feet up!).

As for the eating plan. Great idea! I hadn't really thought about that - just been eating less and more fruit & veg. I might try to change to small meals throughout the day to stop me pigging out after work!

Anyway, good luck on your journey.
    We can do this!!

Em
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    break your weight loss up into smaller goals i needed to lose about 100 pounds give or take i broke it up into 6 smaller goals
    1 25% of my current weight
    2 50lbs
    3 getting out of the obese weight range
    4 pre pregnancy weight
    5 weight i could live with if i cant go no further
    6 healthy weight range
    after 15 months at it ive lost (and kept off) 78 pounds im currently working towards number 5 personally for me i found the smaller goals more achievable than working towards my ultimate goal because if i just went ahead and did the whole 100 pounds straight away the first time i failed id have given up thinking whats the point
    i wish id have done it at your age good luck with your journey xx
  • xabcdefgee
    Options
    thank you ladies :)

i'm thinking i might start using the blog on here too. not sure yet cuz i tend to get lazy about updating things like that. we'll see how it goes!
  • xabcdefgee
    Options
    that's really helpful. i think i'm going to do that. might definitely make me feel better if i feel like losing a little is still a big achievement. thank you :)
  • schwim
    schwim Posts: 65
    Options
    try not to think of it as an all or nothing game. some days you eat crappy, others you eat well, but if you give yourself some slack and realise that even if for one meal you eat 3 chocolate eggs just because they were on special in the grocery and you already had your meal planned for the night that all is not lost (check my food journal if you want a laugh). i totally made the decision as i was buying those chocolate eggs, that i wanted them and that was that. i tried to fit them in as best as i could with my meal plan and enjoyed it while i ate them and didn't allow any guilt because whats the point of being guilty.

the next day do better, and eat well, plan what you are going to eat and then don't stress it. i find thinking about food constantly only leads to binge eating. also try and exercise more even if its just walking aroudn your flat. my mum has taken to walking around the outside of her house much to the amusement of our family dog because she hates gyms and drives everywhere and its safe to just move in her own garden.

feel free to add me if you need a little extra motivation and accountability. good luck!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    that's really helpful. i think i'm going to do that. might definitely make me feel better if i feel like losing a little is still a big achievement. thank you :)

oh yeah, definately don't think you have to lose 100 pounds, that's DAUNTING!. I work in 5 pound incriments and concentrate on that.