Picture of your tattoo(s)

Options

Replies

• girlholiday
    Options
    Photo64-1.jpg

404385_2955282794988_1048980012_3026571_112314209_n.jpg

i'm working on a sleeve right now. i have various other ones - finger tattoo, forearm, smaller back tattoos, thighs, calves.
  • Mera_Mera
    Mera_Mera Posts: 153
    Options
    Oh, they are all so beautiful. Some look outrageously painful. I love tattoos on other people, not on me. I'm a coward. The only thing that I can say that was painful to get done were my nipple rings and that was the stupidest thing I have done in my life. I was too young and too stupid.
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options

GEISHA *why?* because I feel as woman, we have our traditional duties to perform in a relationship!

:noway: I have nothing against your tattoo, but wow, that way of thinking just set back women's liberation by 20 years.

I disagree. No shame in taking care of your man. Warm meals. A clean home. Open loving arms always. I think its a beautiful thing. Feminism is killing our true power....our femininity! Chivalry is dead and women killed it.
    There's a difference between love and subservience. Relationships should be partnerships, not dictatorships. I don't see any beauty in putting restrictions on people's freedoms based on what's "socially accepted." Chivalry was a movement that spread the message that women NEEDED men and couldn't be independent. Good riddance. Feminism is the empowerment of women, who have been oppressed since "man" domesticated animals.
    I definitely disagree but whatever makes you happy. I'm never oppressed hes always chivalrous. We care for each other in traditional gender roles without a dictatorship. But if feminism brings you confidence and joy that's great also! Like attracts like. I'm just old fashioned in some ways (:

Sorry, call me Old Schooled, but I enjoy making my men feel superior! I do believe in equality in the WORKPLACE, but i also still believe in traditional female roles. (Not necessarily pampering them every growl, but making them feel like their woman is happy to have you. By the way, I believe in the saying "treat your man good, or he'll find someone to do it for you". Can I get an AMEN? (*joking XD)
  • Bulk1969
    Bulk1969 Posts: 87
    Options
    amazing tatts
  • girlholiday
    Options

GEISHA *why?* because I feel as woman, we have our traditional duties to perform in a relationship!

:noway: I have nothing against your tattoo, but wow, that way of thinking just set back women's liberation by 20 years.

I disagree. No shame in taking care of your man. Warm meals. A clean home. Open loving arms always. I think its a beautiful thing. Feminism is killing our true power....our femininity! Chivalry is dead and women killed it.
    There's a difference between love and subservience. Relationships should be partnerships, not dictatorships. I don't see any beauty in putting restrictions on people's freedoms based on what's "socially accepted." Chivalry was a movement that spread the message that women NEEDED men and couldn't be independent. Good riddance. Feminism is the empowerment of women, who have been oppressed since "man" domesticated animals.

Chivalry is completely OUTRAGEOUS. I'm sorry, but what's wrong with common courtesy for everyone? I take so much pride in being a feminist, and being independent. I agree with what you're saying.

And, to the OP, you can be a feminist and still be a stay at home kind of gal.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Oh, they are all so beautiful. Some look outrageously painful. I love tattoos on other people, not on me. I'm a coward. The only thing that I can say that was painful to get done were my nipple rings and that was the stupidest thing I have done in my life. I was too young and too stupid.

I actually fell asleep while mine was being done. They're not always that painful.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I definitely disagree but whatever makes you happy. I'm never oppressed hes always chivalrous. We care for each other in traditional gender roles without a dictatorship. But if feminism brings you confidence and joy that's great also! Like attracts like. I'm just old fashioned in some ways (:

Treating people with dignity and equality is what "attracts" me.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Sorry, call me Old Schooled, but I enjoy making my men feel superior! I do believe in equality in the WORKPLACE, but i also still believe in traditional female roles. (Not necessarily pampering them every growl, but making them feel like their woman is happy to have you. By the way, I believe in the saying "treat your man good, or he'll find someone to do it for you". Can I get an AMEN? (*joking XD)

You can't pick and choose rights. If you're not equal first and foremost at home, you can't expect to be treated with equality and respect anywhere else. I haven't seen any mention of how you're being "taken care of" in that relationship. I just really hope you believe and respect yourself enough to realize you deserve AND are worth so much more than the position of "girlfriend" or "wife." :flowerforyou:

Anyway, I'm sorry to everyone who posted beautiful tattoos from taking away from the original topic!
  • kymdarnell
    kymdarnell Posts: 101
    Options
    hopefully this works - first timer posting photo

Photo_00004.jpg
  • kymdarnell
    Options
    hopefully this works - first timer posting photo

Photo_00004.jpg

oops - sorry forgot to put little story - I am an Aussie Girl living in NZ and have always loved cowboy boots!!!!
  • traceyjayne64
    Options

I agree, this is exactly how my marriage is, im lucky enough to be a stay at home wife, i clean, cook and completely look after my husband and i love every minute of it...and he gets up every day and goes to work at 4.30am and provides for me everything and anything i could want. I wouldn't change a thing.
  • kymdarnell
    Options
    this I like to call my P3 (power of 3) tattoo - I got it to symbolize my two boys and I ....

Photo_00005.jpg
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have none! But I really want the one in my profile pic!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Chivalry is completely OUTRAGEOUS. I'm sorry, but what's wrong with common courtesy for everyone? I take so much pride in being a feminist, and being independent. I agree with what you're saying.

I think the thing you are missing is that both parties are looking after each other in their own way. I think it's great. I am far from chauvinistic but I do love it when a girl appreciates slightly more traditional roles.

There is no denying that physically men and women are different but we are also mentally different. As a man I love being the protector. I love when we are walking through somewhere a bit dodgy that my girl would want to cuddle up to me and get under my arm because she feels safer there.

I don't expect that I will go earn the money and she will cook and clean, but if there is a balance of activities then the more physical activities will naturally sway my way. If there is a house to clean and the tonne of gravel we just ordered to be shovelled onto the drive, I will assume to do the shovelling whiles she cleans. When her car breaks down, she calls me to look at it. It's just simple logic, it's not anti-feminism. It's just realising that men and women are wired differently, and those two can really complement each other perfectly.
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 49 Member
    Options

I think the thing you are missing is that both parties are looking after each other in their own way. I think it's great. I am far from chauvinistic but I do love it when a girl appreciates slightly more traditional roles.

There is no denying that physically men and women are different but we are also mentally different. As a man I love being the protector. I love when we are walking through somewhere a bit dodgy that my girl would want to cuddle up to me and get under my arm because she feels safer there.

I don't expect that I will go earn the money and she will cook and clean, but if there is a balance of activities then the more physical activities will naturally sway my way. If there is a house to clean and the tonne of gravel we just ordered to be shovelled onto the drive, I will assume to do the shovelling whiles she cleans. When her car breaks down, she calls me to look at it. It's just simple logic, it's not anti-feminism. It's just realising that men and women are wired differently, and those two can really complement each other perfectly.

Loving the tattoos but don't have the guts to get one but they look lovely!

As for the age old feminisim debate I definitely agree with the respect both ways thing, and I agree with the protector thing too... I love having a taller guy to snuggle up to if I feel a bit scared... and strangely find 'larger' guys more attractive not mega fat but a little bit of extra weight... yet most of my ex's were skinny little runts!

I also agree with the keeping each other happy in the relationship... but that definitely works both ways...
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options

I agree with this. I think its great to bring different, complimentary things to a relationship. I have strengths to bring to the table both because I'm a woman and an individual. I agree with the other poster above - I'm certainly more attracted to bigger, stronger guys as that's what I want them to bring to the table - protection and safety - amongst other things. That's not to say, I can't look after myself, I can, but I *really* appreciate that quality in a gentleman. That and competence. Competence is key!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Tatoos mesmerise me, but I don't think I could do it myself coz I'd be scared of gettin a dodgy one. You see soooo many! X
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options

You can't pick and choose rights. If you're not equal first and foremost at home, you can't expect to be treated with equality and respect anywhere else. I haven't seen any mention of how you're being "taken care of" in that relationship. I just really hope you believe and respect yourself enough to realize you deserve AND are worth so much more than the position of "girlfriend" or "wife." :flowerforyou:

Anyway, I'm sorry to everyone who posted beautiful tattoos from taking away from the original topic!

Understood... I guess I just like being submissive. But here are my pics... tried to take them myself in the bathroom.

2-5FD0CC1C-570524-800-1.jpg
  • SaraBunny518
    Options
    Pic on my profile :) Idk how to post them on here lol
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    U can kind of see my four on prof pic, dont know how to post pocs on MB. Ihave a sun n flight of icarus on right arm n on left my daughter's name with pink baby boots and a flaming heart with my wife's first initial. When I reach my goal im turning my right arm into z half sleeve with solar system theme