30 day shred.......day 1 done but cant find it on data base

Options
Hi all, Ive just completed my first day of the 30 day shred,( I dont feel too bad at the moment but Im waiting for it to kick in tomorrow!!) Im not sure how to log it, what does it come under? Ive typed in 30 day shred but it tells me there are no results! Anyone know?? If anyone else has just started this feel free to add me :o)

Replies

• hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I added this as my own exercise under cardio. I used an HRM and burned 150 cals when I did it.
  • momotivation
    momotivation Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used circuit training general and put it in for 20 minutes, seemed to work for me, rather than trying to find or add each individual exercise.
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I completed day one yesterday and wondered the same thing. I am feeling it today in my legs!
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Circuit Training
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Use circuit training for this. Join us in the 30 day shred support group and you'll get tons of great info and support!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4228-30-day-shred-support-group
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Best answer i received when I asked the same

Weigth (in pounds) * 3.46 = Number of calories burned, in 60min

As the sherd's duration is 20 min, divide the above result by 3 and you have the calories :)

Then create an Exercise " JM 30 DS", for example, and log it :)

--

My weigth is 145 lbs, so:

(145*3.46)/3 = 167 cals in 20min Shred
    I decided to log:
    L01 - 151 cal
    L02 - 156 cal
    L03 - 161 cal

Hope I helped :bigsmile:

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • HarlowS
    HarlowS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on completing day one! I know there is a group that just started that you could look to for support. I am on day 2 of Level 2. I wear a HRM because I have found that MFP gives way more cals than really burned. Circuit training would be your best bet, but beware that it almost doubled the cals for me.
    Good luck! :tongue:
  • 4Tracylee
    4Tracylee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also used circuit training general...seems to be the one that a lot use for the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred, Ripped in 30 and her other dvds.
  • 3mmalou16
    3mmalou16 Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks everyone! have logged it under circuit training, general. So many on here just starting, all I keep thinking of is how good I will feel on my holiday! :smile:
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    I add it under circuit training.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    When I did the shred, my HRM said I'd burn around 200 calories per session. I was 130lbs.
  • cooldoll321
    cooldoll321 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi , I too just started 30ds today, i was wondering how to log it as well, thanks for the info ev1..and good luck..