Jillian Michaels Kickboxing..anyone try it?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has tried her newest kickboxing DVD and thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes it made me sore! It is a nice change! Like that its just 20 mins total including warmup and cool down! Of coarse u can make it harder by the more u put into it! Or easier by being confused as to what moves to do as i was the first day! Lol
  • HopeBay
    HopeBay Posts: 32
    Options
    I just got it - will let you know what I think when I try it.
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just got it too and I'm getting eager to try it. I just haven't had time yet. I'd love to hear some more responses too!
  • 1toInfinity
    1toInfinity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have done the first workout. It is good. It is 20minutes long. It is my new favorite workout! I am doing Insanity right now though and havent done the other workouts on the dvd. I find it fun and not boring, and since it' short I don't dread it.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love it - fun and super fast-paced - definitely watch the tutorial before you start. Three workouts, exactly 20 minutes each, warm up and cool down are very brief.

Workout 1 is meant to focus on arms & upper body & uses dumbbells for a few of the moves, Workout 2 is lower body (and for me has the most intense cardio), and Workout 3 is meant to focus on abs. But all three workouts work your entire body - you are kicking & punching through all of them. You can do one workout, or any combination - I've done all three back to back and it was tough!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Love it! All 3 work outs are great! I love the energy level. I am doing body revolution so I'm not using any weights, I want this to be as " cardio" as possible. I like that I can do 1 workout if I am pressed for time or all 3 if I can.
  • 1stmissladii
    Options
    I do it, i do a different part almost everyday. I just dnt do the weights really thats with the upper body yet cuz i cnt handle it lol. But its great for 20 minutes
  • Pamolsen9
    Pamolsen9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How do you track it for exercise? Just finished the first workout and I love it!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    How do you track it for exercise? Just finished the first workout and I love it!
    I have a HRM, so I log it that way. If I didn't have one, I'd probably log it under Kickboxing, it's in the MFP database. Or maybe circuit training....not sure.