Daphs from the UK

Options
Hi all

I've just joined this site after having it recommended by a friend.

I have recently stopped smoking and am piling the weight on. I was never a particularly slim person anyway, so this is just giving my confidence a huge kick, to the point that I really dislike what I am starting to look like :(

I sit on my bum most of the day at work, but do have a lovely young labrador who I walk a lot, so that will be where I get most of my exercise.

I am just eating way too much, snacking a lot and generally feeling rubbish!

I am aiming to lose up to 3 stone, although I would be happy at 2 stone, which is where I usually plateau at.

Anyway, I will no doubt be logging on for lots of ideas and support - any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading x

Replies

• kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Daphs

Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool. I have just got rid of 2.5 stone of extra weight due to age and giving up smoking, so you can do it:)

Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
    K
  • myf1101
    myf1101 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hi Daphs

Just sent you a friend request. Feel free to accept me. I have been on this site just over a month and have lost 8.4LB. I am 46 and from Wales, and my diary is open to my friends if you want to have some suggestions on what people eat (I sometimes find this helps give me ideas. So if you want help, support and sometimes humour then add me.

Myfanwy
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello Daphs, I have added you and sent you a message, lot's in common and started today. I used Champix too and I am now 4 years smoke free, that stuff works! Well done! Helen
  • Gettingbettereveryday
    Options
    Well done on giving up the smoking - I live near London - feel free to add me!
  • Daphs1970
    Options
    Thanks all, your support is definitely needed :smile: x
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi Daphs

Congrats on giving up smoking - with that determination you'll conquer the food/exercise issue too!!
    Feel free to add me if you wish!

:happy: